Author Topic: Look what TRJ has been up to  (Read 84856 times)

Offline TRJ

• Four Barrel
Look what TRJ has been up to
« Reply #120 on: March 27, 2007, 03:53:22 PM »
Decided to go with a different Intake Manifold. The LS6 flows a lot more than the LS2, because of it's larger lobes, and larger throttle body.(90mm vs 85mm) Should pick up an additional 12-15 HP, according to Lingenfelter Engineers. They stopped using the FAST brand intake manifolds because too many of them were separating. (Three layer composite material)  They should install it tomorrow morning, and then on the Dyno in the afternoon...:v

Here's the LS6 Intake Manifold.

Offline Vette Obsessed

• Supercharged
    • http://www.nswcorvettes.com.au
« Reply #121 on: March 27, 2007, 04:00:29 PM »
Originally posted by TRJ
Decided to go with a different Intake Manifold. The LS6 flows a lot more than the LS2, because of it's larger lobes, and larger throttle body.(90mm vs 85mm) Should pick up an additional 12-15 HP, according to Lingenfelter Engineers. They stopped using the FAST brand intake manifolds because too many of them were separating. (Three layer composit material)  They should install it tomorrow morning, and then on the Dyno in the afternoon...:v

Here's the LS6 Intake Manifold.

:v

When it comes to HP TRJ, - too much is never enough. ;27
"Life's tough.  It's tougher when you're stupid"

Offline Vette Obsessed

• Supercharged
« Reply #122 on: March 27, 2007, 04:01:35 PM »
Originally posted by TRJ
Hey VO, here's the package you were interested in. The M122 is the latest, more potent, upgrade of the M12 Magnacharger...:spook

Here's the car that went thru the Dyno final run before closing. It's a 2005 Corvette C6 with the A4 auto trans.
Avid drag racer...:v

M122 Magnacharger SC on a 427 CID 550/560 LPE package.

The car on the final dyno run.

Final dyno run for the above car. 603.7 RWHP  619.8 RWTQ
From 2000 RPM to 6000 RPM it never produces less than 500 RWTQ...;50  just insane!

Thanks for that info TRJ. ;42

I just want one... ;46

Offline TRJ

• Four Barrel
« Reply #123 on: March 27, 2007, 04:35:34 PM »
Originally posted by Vette Obsessed

When it comes to HP TRJ, - too much is never enough. ;27

We are on the same wavelength VO...;42

Offline TRJ

• Four Barrel
« Reply #124 on: March 27, 2007, 04:44:06 PM »
Originally posted by TRJ

M122 Magnacharger SC on a 427 CID 550/560 LPE package.

Final dyno run. 603.7 RWHP  619.8 RWTQ
From 2000 RPM to 6000 RPM it never produces less than 500 RWTQ...;50  just insane!

Thanks for that info TRJ. ;42

I just want one... ;46

It's my understanding that the above power was made on only 6.0 lbs. of boost...;eek

Offline 69VETTE

• Supercharged
  • When a C3 is not Enough! - Try A C4
  • Mood: Get Jiggy Wit It
« Reply #125 on: March 27, 2007, 06:41:10 PM »
Awsome pics as always TRJ... you keep them comming buddy..... we will keep on drooling;41

Just out of curiosity, how do you deal with the emmision regulations when it comes to registration? Is mum the word?  (like its a hush hush thing?)

M;36
Live life to the fullest...drive a Corvette

Offline TRJ

• Four Barrel
« Reply #126 on: March 28, 2007, 12:49:58 AM »
Originally posted by 69VETTE
Awsome pics as always TRJ... you keep them comming buddy..... we will keep on drooling;41

Just out of curiosity, how do you deal with the emmision regulations when it comes to registration? Is mum the word?  (like its a hush hush thing?)

M;36

Hi 69VETTE,

Emmision testing begins on cars here after they become (4) years old. So, no concern till then. Having headers, and aftermarket exhaust systems poses no problems, as long as you have quality catalytic convertors. Even the free flowing cats like I have, will pass emissions testing, if the cats are not too old. Glad you like the pics. Should get some today with the car on the Dyno, and the Dyno final number results...I'll post them as I get them...;42

Offline Vette Obsessed

• Supercharged
« Reply #127 on: March 28, 2007, 10:17:17 PM »
If only  you and your car were over here TRJ - you and Boschie could line up for a race we could call "Clash of The Titan's". ;41;46;42

Offline MADVET

• Tri Powered
« Reply #128 on: March 28, 2007, 10:45:46 PM »
The quarter mile is the international standard, we'll easily be able to compare notes.;41;42
NOW WE'RE TORQUING!

Offline TRJ

• Four Barrel
« Reply #129 on: March 29, 2007, 09:46:00 AM »
Well, I was mistaken yesterday, the tech's did not finish the install of the new LS6 Intake Manifold until this afternoon (Wed. here) so the Dyno runs will happen tomorrow morning. I received (5) photos of the LS6 Intake Manifold install this afternoon, plus (2) others, LPE Custom Mats, and my car all cleaned up....an appointment has been made for my car to be picked up late tomorrow, by Autobahn Transport, and delivered to me on Friday morning...Finally!...;35

Here's the photos...;42

Offline vette2bshaw

• Four Barrel
    • http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/vette2bshaw/
« Reply #130 on: March 29, 2007, 12:35:02 PM »
Gday TJR Nothing to do with your car (which would be a dream to have in my garage), but I noticed in your last picture what apears to be a Holden monaro (AU) in the background which would be a pontiac GTO (USA) over there,Am I correct ? and do you know what they might be doing to it.

Offline TRJ

• Four Barrel
« Reply #131 on: March 29, 2007, 12:47:32 PM »
Originally posted by vette2bshaw
Gday TJR Nothing to do with your car (which would be a dream to have in my garage), but I noticed in your last picture what apears to be a Holden monaro (AU) in the background which would be a pontiac GTO (USA) over there,Am I correct ? and do you know what they might be doing to it.

G'day vette2bshaw,
The photos you refer to were taken by the sales rep. that is handling my build package. When I talk with him tomorrow, I'll ask him what is going on with the car. You will be surprised to know, (as I was) to find out that as of yesterday, they had 60 cars there for various modifications. People make their appointments months in advance to have their cars worked on by the Lingenfelter tech's. This is their busiest time of the year since everyone wants their car for our Spring and Summer.

They have a seperate large building that they keep all the cars in, so none of them have to be out in the weather while they wait their turn....;42

Offline vette2bshaw

• Four Barrel
    • http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/vette2bshaw/
« Reply #132 on: March 29, 2007, 05:03:07 PM »
Sorry TJR dont go out of your way. Just noticed it in the background .

Offline TRJ

• Four Barrel
« Reply #133 on: March 30, 2007, 02:08:02 PM »
Originally posted by vette2bshaw
Sorry TJR dont go out of your way. Just noticed it in the background .

O.K. vette2bshaw, the person I talked to today didn't have any info on it anyhow...;42

Offline TRJ

• Four Barrel
« Reply #134 on: March 30, 2007, 02:17:15 PM »
Well, I got a bit of a set-back today, It was supposed to be my car's turn on the Dyno today, but no go! This morning a Z06 broke down while on the Dyno, and the engineers are trying to get the car sorted out. I probably won't get on till Monday (here) now.  One bit of good news, the person that does the Video work for Lingenfelter's agreed to take a Video of my car on the Dyno, I'll post that and the Dyno sheet as soon as I get them...here's a couple of pics I received from my sales rep. of the new coil-covers he designed for my car. He does a great job...;42

Offline Vette Obsessed

• Supercharged
« Reply #135 on: March 30, 2007, 02:18:36 PM »
Well TRJ, for what it's worth, I'm on the wrong side of the pond and I'm anxious for you to get the car back. ;41 :spook:spook:spook:spook:spook:spook:24

Offline TRJ

• Four Barrel
« Reply #136 on: March 30, 2007, 02:23:52 PM »
Well TRJ, for what it's worth, I'm on the wrong side of the pond and I'm anxious for you to get the car back. ;41 :spook:spook:spook:spook:spook:spook:24

It's worth a lot V.O., good friends are sometimes not easy to come by, I appreciate your friendship and interest...;42

Offline Cameron 77C3

• Supercharged
  • I use to live here
    • http://xtremecarzone.com.au/
« Reply #137 on: March 30, 2007, 11:44:55 PM »
Hey VO, who do ya know in the states?  May be we can get the truck diverted to the docks at get Teds car sent here. ;35

PS Ya gotting be going nuts Ted :grr
To see my picture galleryCLICK ME

Never underestimate PRISCILLA queen of the vette's
www.xcz.com.au

Offline TRJ

• Four Barrel
« Reply #138 on: March 31, 2007, 01:49:53 AM »
Originally posted by Cameron 77C3
Hey VO, who do ya know in the states?  May be we can get the truck diverted to the docks at get Teds car sent here. ;35

PS Ya gotting be going nuts Ted :grr

You bet Cam, specially since I know that the car is all done except for the Dyno tuning. They estimate now that my car should be on the Dyno either Mon. or Tue. and ship the car back to me by Wed. morning.  I don't feel too bad though, I've kept myself busy...I've detailed the garage twice, put Zaino on my racing jack, even gave the neighbors dog a haircut...hope they don't notice...;53

Offline TRJ

• Four Barrel
« Reply #139 on: March 31, 2007, 11:34:12 AM »
Hi Gang,

I'ts  Fri. evening here, I received an email from Lingenfelters a few hours ago, saying that my car is on the Dyno now! It will be tuned and calibrated tonight and tomorrow morning. A video will be taken of a run tomorrow morning, and I am supposed to receive a phone call with the results of the final run before noon tomorrow! WooHoo! see you then...;35