Author Topic: Look what TRJ has been up to  (Read 84841 times)

Offline TRJ

• Four Barrel
Look what TRJ has been up to
« Reply #160 on: April 13, 2007, 10:56:45 AM »
Originally posted by Vette Obsessed

Good to hear TRJ.  Hope you are enjoying the car when the weather and time permits.  No biggie on the vids, I can't imagine how busy they get at LPE. ;42  

So... have you slept in the garage with it yet? ;41

How could I, in all fairness, sleep in the garage with it in all this freezing cold weather....I brought it into my bedroom to keep it nice and warm.....;53

Offline TRJ

• Four Barrel
« Reply #161 on: April 13, 2007, 11:05:09 AM »
I pulled the trigger on what I think is a good Cam-Corder early this week. It's High Definition, uses dual sided DVD's to record on, so with each DVD you have 1 hour of Video time. It has a stabilizing feature, and uses a USB cable to load the Video into your computer. It has a threaded female thingie (sounds erotic) on the bottom for a tri-pod, or to attach to a harness bar, (which I will do) and is made by Sony. Here's a pic of it...:ado

Offline Cameron 77C3

• Supercharged
  • I use to live here
    • http://xtremecarzone.com.au/
« Reply #162 on: April 13, 2007, 06:30:14 PM »
You beauty.  Now start videoing. ;42
To see my picture galleryCLICK ME

Never underestimate PRISCILLA queen of the vette's
www.xcz.com.au

Offline jolinari

• Supercharged
« Reply #163 on: April 14, 2007, 09:54:03 PM »
Originally posted by TRJ

Hey ted...I dont really want drift of the subject but Could you give me some feedback of the camcorder since i am in the market for a Cam  ;42

Offline TRJ

• Four Barrel
« Reply #164 on: April 15, 2007, 01:31:50 AM »
Originally posted by jolinari

Hey ted...I dont really want drift of the subject but Could you give me some feedback of the camcorder since i am in the market for a Cam  ;42

Hi jo,
I'll be glad to share with you what I found out in my search for a Camcorder. The one I chose is the Sony HDR-UX5. It is High Definition, it uses dual sided DVD's as a recording media.
There are actually 4 different types of recording media for these Camcorders. 1) DVD, (as I have) gives you 30 minutes recording time on each side of the DVD. The DVD's are very inexpensive, and may be erased and reused, also they may be loaded into your computer by USB cable, or just puting the DVD in the DVD drawer of your computer. 2) Tape, which I chose not to consider. 3) An internal Hard-Drive, which will give you 4 hours of recording time, and uses USB to load to your computer. Very nice, but adds approx. $500.00us to the price. 4) Something brand new only from Panasonic so far, using the very small, approx. one inch square media cards which will give you 4 hours of recording time. These are the same cards as you would use in a Digital Camera, but they are 4 GB. This will cost you about $300.00us over the DVD type. All of these are High Definition, which gives really stunning results, but they are a bit expensive.
1) Sony Hi-Def with tape:  $800.00us
2) Sony Hi-Def with DVD:   $950.00us
3) Sony Hi-Def with Internal Hard Drive:  $1495.00us
4) Panasonic Hi-Def with Media Card:  $1295.00us
All of the above use USB for transfering Video to your Computer, which is a joy, as I'm sure you know. They all have stabilization technology which helps, however, the Panasonic above goes one step further, and gives you "Optical" stabilization, which is the best available. Sony continues to be the dominating "class act" in Camcorders, according to just about all professional reviewers. Of course if you don't need the Hi-Def, you have many choices in the $450.00us to $600.00us range. The one I bought comes with: 1) AC Adapter 2) Power cord 3) Component Video cable
4) A/V Connecting cable 5) USB cable 6) Wireless remote 7) Rechargeable battery pack 8) CD-ROM software 9) Operating Manual. I didn't mean to turn this post into a manuscript, but wanted to give you the info I received from some very knowledeable camera people. The DVD type fits my needs perfectly, shoot 30 minutes of Video, open the hatch, turn the DVD over, shoot another 30 minutes of Video, if I need more, reach in my pocket for another dual sided DVD. Loads into the computer via USB cable in seconds. Hope this helps you some jo.  Best regards...;42

P.S. One feature I forgot to mention, most of these can take still photos also. The one I bought will take still images at 4 Mega Pixels.

Offline TRJ

• Four Barrel
« Reply #165 on: April 17, 2007, 01:48:43 PM »
Since my car finally came home, I cleaned her up today and took a few pics...;eek

Offline Vette Obsessed

• Supercharged
    • http://www.nswcorvettes.com.au
« Reply #166 on: April 17, 2007, 02:14:29 PM »
Damn TRJ, this may sound funny but seeing those pics is making me look forward to my next trip.  You can see summer is coming for you guys. :v

The car is looking sweet and I love the guages on the interior...

Is that a V1 you have on the windscreen?

Have you had a chance to take the car out a little?
"Life's tough.  It's tougher when you're stupid"

Offline TRJ

• Four Barrel
« Reply #167 on: April 17, 2007, 03:30:09 PM »
Damn TRJ, this may sound funny but seeing those pics is making me look forward to my next trip.  You can see summer is coming for you guys. :v

Have you had a chance to take the car out a little?

Hi V.O.

Yes!! Spring has finally sprung, the temps are still in the 50's F. But no rain or snow, and no more 40 MPH winds. I have been out on the few days that were reasonable, and yesterday I took a run up to Milwaukee, Wisconsin, about 75 miles North of my location. Wasn't able to really open it up too much due to Sunday traffic, but did get up to 150 mph on two runs, and it was just effortless.

The interior gauges are nice, the top one gives you the current Air/Fuel Ratio. It has been running at 14.5:1 to 14.8:1, dead nuts stoichiometric being 14.7:1 (neither lean nor rich) so I'm happy with that. The bottom gauge gives the transmission fluid temp. which has been running at approx. 160 degrees F. which shows me that the trans. fluid cooler is doing it's job.

Yes, that is the Valentine 1 Radar Detector, they are the best IMO, I wouldn't be without one.

Best regards,
TRJ

Offline Cameron 77C3

• Supercharged
  • I use to live here
    • http://xtremecarzone.com.au/
« Reply #168 on: April 18, 2007, 12:50:22 AM »
OK, I have had a good look at all the pics........where are the after burner switches hmmmmmmm? ;43

Nice unit Ted. :spook

Love the number plate :{
To see my picture galleryCLICK ME

Never underestimate PRISCILLA queen of the vette's
www.xcz.com.au

Offline TRJ

• Four Barrel
« Reply #169 on: April 18, 2007, 01:59:03 AM »
Originally posted by Cameron 77C3
OK, I have had a good look at all the pics........where are the after burner switches hmmmmmmm? ;43

Nice unit Ted. :spook

Love the number plate :{

Hi Cam,
I had to have the Afterburner Assembly removed, it kept throwing a Check Engine light!

I'm working on installing my new seats now, but you better not hit the wrong switch...;53

Offline 69VETTE

• Supercharged
  • When a C3 is not Enough! - Try A C4
  • Mood: Get Jiggy Wit It
« Reply #170 on: April 18, 2007, 07:22:27 AM »
TRJ,

Its always a pleasure comming onto the forum to check out what you have been upto.  and learn afew things along the way.

firstly i have to say that the car looks awsome and im sure you are one proud daddy... its beautiful.  

On another issue raised by VO:

Is the Valentine 1 radar detector usefull on laser guns?

M;36
Live life to the fullest...drive a Corvette

Offline TRJ

• Four Barrel
« Reply #171 on: April 18, 2007, 09:18:06 AM »
Originally posted by 69VETTE
TRJ,

Its always a pleasure comming onto the forum to check out what you have been upto.  and learn afew things along the way.

firstly i have to say that the car looks awsome and im sure you are one proud daddy... its beautiful.  

M;36

Hi 69VETTE,

Thanks much for your kind words!  In regards to the Valentine 1 Radar Detector, the answer is yes, it recieves both Radar and Laser. It has seperate antenna's for both, in front and in back. So you get protection from both Radar and Laser from your front, and also from your back.  Go to their website, it has a wealth of information. Use the buttons at the top of the home page to navigate around.  The following link will give you a copy of the Operating Manual in PDF format, for the detector.

LINK: http://www.valentine1.com/Moreinfo/pdf/V1OwnersManual_2005-i5.pdf

Here's what the unit looks like:

LINK:https://store.valentine1.com/store/products/20015.gif

Their website: www.valentine1.com

I hope this will answer your questions...if not, please let me know...;42

Best regards.

Offline Vette Obsessed

• Supercharged
« Reply #172 on: April 18, 2007, 11:04:07 AM »
Originally posted by TRJ
TRJ,

M;36

Hi 69VETTE,

Thanks much for your kind words!  In regards to the Valentine 1 Radar Detector, the answer is yes, it recieves both Radar and Laser. It has seperate antenna's for both, in front and in back. So you get protection from both Radar and Laser from your front, and also from your back.  Go to their website, it has a wealth of information. Use the buttons at the top of the home page to navigate around.  The following link will give you a copy of the Operating Manual in PDF format, for the detector.

Best regards.

For what its worth I have a Passport X50 8500 which is as I understand the competitor to the V1.

As good as the X50 is, after driving a friends car in the USA with a V1 I found the directional arrows of the V1 to be really helpful.  While some may say they are a gimmick it does help knowing what direction to look in for the radar or laser.

If I bought another I'd probably go with the V1.

Offline TRJ

• Four Barrel
« Reply #173 on: April 18, 2007, 11:38:06 AM »
Originally posted by TRJ
TRJ,

M;36

Hi 69VETTE,

Best regards.

For what its worth I have a Passport X50 8500 which is as I understand the competitor to the V1.

As good as the X50 is, after driving a friends car in the USA with a V1 I found the directional arrows of the V1 to be really helpful.  While some may say they are a gimmick it does help knowing what direction to look in for the radar or laser.

If I bought another I'd probably go with the V1.

A few years ago, I bought a Passport 8500, I thought it did a good job. Then I bought the Passport Solo, and I thought it did a good job, and I liked the idea of "no cord." But it ate up battery's like crazy. Then I bought a Valentine 1, because they were running a 30 day free trial. I attached all three to my windshield, had a triple recepticle in the cigar lighter opening, and plugged them all in at the same time.  I drove  around like that all afternoon, comparing one against the other, and the Valentine 1 was so superior in comparison to the other two detectors that I never went back. The big difference was in the range that the Val.1 could pick up the radar, it would pick up the Police Radar significantly sooner than the others, and I could not be without the arrows now.
Instead of just saying Beep beep, it gives a tone, shows how strong the signal is, and what direction the Radar unit is from your position. It will also point out if there are 2 or 3 units ahead of you, and advise you when you pass them. Pretty hard to beat, IMO...;42

Offline 69VETTE

• Supercharged
« Reply #174 on: April 18, 2007, 01:15:15 PM »
Hi 69VETTE,

Best regards. [/quote]

Thanks for the info TRJ,

Can you tell me how much they retail for in the states, and whether you think ebay might be a good option?

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-NIB-Valentine-1-One-V1-Radar-Laser-Detector-POP-2_W0QQitemZ220101609960QQihZ012QQcategoryZ14935QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It looks like i need one...LOL

M;36

Offline Vette Obsessed

• Supercharged
« Reply #175 on: April 18, 2007, 01:40:24 PM »
Hi 69VETTE,

Best regards.

Thanks for the info TRJ,

Can you tell me how much they retail for in the states, and whether you think ebay might be a good option?

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-NIB-Valentine-1-One-V1-Radar-Laser-Detector-POP-2_W0QQitemZ220101609960QQihZ012QQcategoryZ14935QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

M;36 [/quote]

ebay is your only option - I wouldnt bother with local sellers.

(or you could buy my X50 if you want ;41)

Offline TRJ

• Four Barrel
« Reply #176 on: April 18, 2007, 02:43:03 PM »
Hi 69VETTE,

Best regards.

Thanks for the info TRJ,

M;36

ebay is your only option - I wouldnt bother with local sellers.

(or you could buy my X50 if you want ;41) [/quote]

69VETTE,
According to the description, it's the latest model. The price they are asking is full retail in the U.S.  The Valentine1 is sold at full retail, you don't see them discounted anywhere.  It sounds correct to me, as long as the unit is as advertised. He normally gives you a warranty with purchase, but I don't know if that would apply from Ebay...:mmm

Offline TRJ

• Four Barrel
« Reply #177 on: April 18, 2007, 02:54:22 PM »
69VETTE,

I just checked the price on the latest Val.1 and it is $399.00us. For $39.00 more you should get the "remote" unit along with the regular full size unit. I would check if the remote is included in the Ebay price. Then their price would be accurate. You normally get a 1 year warrantee also.
A very important point if you buy the Val.1 is that you MUST get the EURO model so that it receives "narrow band" radar.
The U.S. model is set up to receive "wide band" radar. Narrow band is used by the Police in Oz....:v

This is the remote unit accessory, and the full size unit.

Offline 69VETTE

• Supercharged
« Reply #178 on: April 18, 2007, 06:07:49 PM »
Hey TRJ,

Thankyou very much for that.. i will do some further scoping and keep an eye on ebay as well...

Sometimes you can get lucky and findout the retailer through ebay and buy direct via mastercard.

Sweet.  i like the remote unit as well.. will check it out.

Greatly appreciated

Offline TRJ

• Four Barrel
« Reply #179 on: April 19, 2007, 08:31:15 AM »
Hey TRJ,

Thankyou very much for that.. i will do some further scoping and keep an eye on ebay as well...

Sometimes you can get lucky and findout the retailer through ebay and buy direct via mastercard.

Sweet.  i like the remote unit as well.. will check it out.

Greatly appreciated

Just for a point of reference, regarding shipping costs:

$98.00us by Air Freight.................$12.95us by swimmer
2 day delivery by air...................26 day delivery by swimmer.

Loss to Shark's or Tasmanian Devil, not covered.