Restoration & Modification Projects > Restoration Projects

71 rebuild

<< < (80/162) > >>

wabco40:
Been slow going lately.

As I have removed the vacuum tank I have used this area to mount the MSD ignition box and the fuses/relays.
I made an aluminium tray that's mounted between the firewall and inner fender. Most of it will be hidden behind the brake booster however it will still be accessible for maintenance.
I have removed most of the main engine harness other then the wires for the starter solenoid, heater blower fan and wiper motor/wiper door limit switch.
I have run a new 6 gauge cable from the starter up to a bus bar located next to the MSD box. This supplies power back to the under dash fuse panel and dash/rear lighting harnesses. It also powers the ignition box, headlights, headlight motors and the radiator fans. The ECU and fuel pump are powered directly from the battery.
I've still got a quite a bit work to finish off the wiring in the engine bay and then I'll start removing the centre consul gauges. These are being replaced with Autometer gauges, I am also wiring in a knock sensor to the engine. I am hoping its not required however the ECU is setup for it so I figure its added protection.

Jethro:
 sh#t that is a neat set up Brad, real neat as to be expected with everything ya do  :thumb:

Jethro

wabco40:

--- Quote from: Jethro on August 29, 2014, 07:33:56 PM --- sh#t that is a neat set up Brad, real neat as to be expected with everything ya do  :thumb:

Jethro

--- End quote ---

Thanks Jethro,

I am running a 140 amp alternator so with the extra draw from the fuel pump, fans etc I don't think the original wiring would have been all that suitable.
I previously had about an 8 gauge cable running from the alternator back to the starter as a doubler to the existing wiring but that's all been removed now. This new setup will be a lot less cluttered and more suitable.

craigh:
Looks fantastic Brad, as normal the details are there, matching colour shrink tubing etc etc, so neat.

wabco40:

--- Quote from: craigh on August 30, 2014, 06:49:09 PM ---Looks fantastic Brad, as normal the details are there, matching colour shrink tubing etc etc, so neat.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Craig.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version