71 rebuild

<< < (79/162) > >>

69VETTE:

Brad, im in love with your Corvette... and its BLUE... mad .. too nice

wabco40:

--- Quote from: 69VETTE on July 20, 2014, 07:27:20 PM ---
Brad, im in love with your Corvette... and its BLUE... mad .. too nice

--- End quote ---

Thanks. Blue is my favourite colour as well, as if you couldn't tell.

sirfixalot:
I like the look of the set up does the motor have an inbuilt limit switches for up & down. Im guessing motors are from an RX 7 mazda?

wabco40:

--- Quote from: sirfixalot on July 23, 2014, 05:26:14 PM ---I like the look of the set up does the motor have an inbuilt limit switches for up & down. Im guessing motors are from an RX 7 mazda?

--- End quote ---

There MX5 motors. They have built in limit switches. The arm rotate to the up position and the stops, it then rotates 180 degrees to the down position and stops.
Four wires are used on the motors. Ground, power, 12v trigger up and 12v trigger down. They are wired up with a 5 pin SPDT relay.
The motors actuate quite fast so I will be wiring mine in series to run at half speed.
Brad

wabco40:
I am trying to clean up the wiring and cluttered engine bay as much as possible :huh:
I fitted a 25mm conduit to the wheel side of the left inner fender. Through this I have routed the forward lighting harness, fibre optics, fan and headlight motor wires.
As there is no vacuum tank now I am going to use this area for the fuse and relay enclosure and the MSD ignition box. Some of the other wiring like the TPS, IAC, crank trigger and alternator I will route along the bottom of the engine (instead of over the top).

I wired up the headlight motors. I tried wiring them in series to bring the speed down but had problems with them working intermittently. I ended up wiring them in parallel which solved the problem but they cycle a bit too fast for my liking. I might look at making a 12v speed controller to slow them down a bit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version