Restoration & Modification Projects > Restoration Projects

71 rebuild

<< < (76/162) > >>

Jethro:
Top job on fitting that fuel pump Brad looks like a factory fit  :thumb: where did you end up getting the new fuel tank from ?

Jethro

craigh:
Thats looks great Brad.

Why did you need to change tanks, pump etc, just noise or ...as I thought you were keeping the same FI system or was there not enough capacity for the new motor ?

wabco40:

--- Quote from: Jethro on July 15, 2014, 07:38:10 PM ---Top job on fitting that fuel pump Brad looks like a factory fit  :thumb: where did you end up getting the new fuel tank from ?

Jethro

--- End quote ---

Thanks Jethro.
I got the tank from Ecklers, I usually don't buy from them as I have had problems in the past.
This time they had the best shipping quote and I had no dramas with them.

wabco40:

--- Quote from: craigh on July 15, 2014, 07:39:47 PM ---Thats looks great Brad.

Why did you need to change tanks, pump etc, just noise or ...as I thought you were keeping the same FI system or was there not enough capacity for the new motor ?

--- End quote ---

Thanks Craig,
I never liked the inline external pump setup. At the time it was an external pump or try fabricate an intank setup. The external was easier. If this conversion kit was available previously I would have used that.
The noise was also a factor.
Both system have the capacity, this new pump is advertised to be good for 825 horsepower EFI naturally aspirated.
The only thing I am going to do to boost capacity of the FI system is replace the 42lb injectors with a set of 60lb injectors.
I was going to use my existing tank (which is also new) but decided as I had already modified it with a sump just to get a new one. Later on I might put it in the for sale section with the external pump.

Scott:
Everything on your car looks neat and surgically clean. I love it.

Have you thought about using E85 at all?  IIRC you are out in the sticks, so you probably can't get it close to home anyway, but if you allow for it now at least you may have the option later.  Stuff like fuel line and filter sock compatibility.  When I get mine back on the road and fuel inject it, I'll be investing in a flex fuel sensor so I can run both, but I have a servo 3 km away that sells it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version