Restoration & Modification Projects > Restoration Projects

71 rebuild

<< < (75/162) > >>

wabco40:

--- Quote from: Jethro on July 06, 2014, 07:43:02 PM ---Nothing but perfection as usual form you Brad :)

Jethro

--- End quote ---

Thanks Jethro :cheers:, But its far from perfect.

craigh:

--- Quote from: wabco40 on July 07, 2014, 08:58:25 AM ---Thanks Jethro :cheers:, But its far from perfect.

--- End quote ---

But the difference is Brad.

Your "far from" is measured in 1000th of an inch while others are in inches :-)

Jethro:

--- Quote from: craigh on July 07, 2014, 07:13:35 PM ---But the difference is Brad.

Your "far from" is measured in 1000th of an inch while others are in inches :-)

--- End quote ---

Se even Craig reckons so Brad.... and that's a big call :)

wabco40:

--- Quote from: Jethro on July 07, 2014, 08:01:11 PM ---Se even Craig reckons so Brad.... and that's a big call :)

--- End quote ---

Thanks Craig/Jethro :cheers: It's taking a lot of work and $ but it's slowly getting how I want it.

I am back at work now for another week :grr: When I get back home I'll start pulling the vacuum system out and fit the electric headlight motors.
I am also going to replace the noisy external electric fuel pump with a aeromotive phantom intank set-up. I've read nothing but good reviews about this conversion. I'll post pictures when I do it.
Brad

wabco40:
I managed to make a bit more progress today.

I machined 6mm off the length of harmonic balancer boss. This was to compensate for the thickness of the crank trigger wheel and keep the crank pulley inline with the other pulleys.
Its puts the harmonic balancer closer to the engine but doesn't effect the engine balance or the timing cover seal. Its put the timing pointer away from the balancer timing marks but its no problems as I have marked TDC on the trigger wheel and have the pickup set at a 50 degree BTDC crank reference angle. The ECU handles the ignition timing from this reference.

I also fitted an Aeromotive Phantom 340 intank fuel pump to a new tank. This conversion very easy to do and only took about an hour. Basically it consist of finding a suitable spot on the deepest part of the tank. Hole sawing a 3.25" hole and using the drilling jig to drill ten mounting holes. A retaining ring with ten studs is then fitted in the tank followed by a foam and rubber baffle. A seal is fitted on the top side of the tank followed by the pump assembly. There are three -6 o-ring ports on the top plate, outlet, return and vent.
On my previous setup I had a sump welded in the bottom of the tank. This then feed an external pump. I rubber mounted the pump but this was still very noisy.

The old system.

And the New.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version