Restoration & Modification Projects > Restoration Projects

71 rebuild

<< < (77/162) > >>

wabco40:

--- Quote from: Scott on July 16, 2014, 08:17:04 AM ---Everything on your car looks neat and surgically clean. I love it.

Have you thought about using E85 at all?  IIRC you are out in the sticks, so you probably can't get it close to home anyway, but if you allow for it now at least you may have the option later.  Stuff like fuel line and filter sock compatibility.  When I get mine back on the road and fuel inject it, I'll be investing in a flex fuel sensor so I can run both, but I have a servo 3 km away that sells it.

--- End quote ---

Hi Scott,

Can't say I ever thought about running E85. I live in Perth now so its available.

I am not sure how compatible my setup is to it. I am using Speedflow 200 series Teflon fuel hoses and the ECU is capable of multiple tunes so there ok. As for the pump, regulator, injectors and aluminium fuel rails I am not sure :huh:

I think I will just stay with 98 for now.

Brad

bfit:
Rite on Brad 98 or better
Leave that E85 for thr rice burners
Bfit

Scott:
Not just rice burners.  Many of the cars at events like powercruise would run E85 as while it's good for around 10% more power, it makes it much safer with way less chance of pinging.  Expecially on turbo V8's.

My mate has been running E85 in his V8 jetboat for a while now, both on his old 350 chev and his new LS3 engine. 

Since you are running efi, you have a map for 98 and can add a map for E85.  The flex fuel sensor determined the ethanol content and then interpolates between the maps, so you can have half a tank of 98 and top it up with E85 with no issues.  Holden has had it on their commodores for a while and call it flex fuel.

Don't be afraid of new technology bfit, plus running on E85 is cheaper and 'green'  :grin:

bfit:
new technology mmm
I'm fitting a LS1 in  to my 79  I really don't know why as I am going to sell it but I have started and will finish it
I made a mistake at  servo a while back and put half a tank of rice fuel in my 70
well did it like it "NO FN way "
running 24 Deg initial  timing, the engine she no happy.

Back to the 79 with overdrive  and 3.5 gears it will run good mileage and still put 300 HP to the ground
make a good shopping trolley.

literally hard to go past a BB C3

Bfit

Jethro:

--- Quote from: Bfit on July 17, 2014, 02:06:58 PM ---new technology mmm

Bfit

--- End quote ---

I thought I heard you recently locked and disable your own phone Tonto  :grin: :grin:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version