Restoration & Modification Projects > Restoration Projects

71 rebuild

<< < (69/162) > >>

craigh:
Looks fantastic Brad.

wabco40:
Thanks Jethro, Craig.

I have started to do some work on the electric headlight conversion. The Mazda motors are fitted to a bracket that then bolts in place of the vacuum actuator.
From what I have read on US forums this tends to flex quite a bit. I decided to use what some of the members suggested and use two brackets per motor.
I made up two 1 7/8" long spacers and bolted it all together with a 4" 1/4x20 bolts and nylocs.
The brackets bolt to the four existing holes from the vacuum actuator. The link rod and heim joints then fit to the existing actuator linkage pin.
I will run the main power from the alternator to a relay and get the trigger from a wire run to the dimmer switch.

While I am at it I will fit another two relays for the low and high beams. This way I will get full power to the lights. The existing low/high beam wiring will be used to trigger the relays.

I am still looking at ways to convert the wiper door to electric. One way I have been thinking about is using a small 50mm stroke linear actuator and making a bracket that fits where the existing vacuum actuator is. I am still working on this  :huh:

Jethro:
Brad when you get a fix for the wiper door put a patent on it son  :thumb:

wabco40:

--- Quote from: Jethro on April 27, 2014, 11:31:54 AM ---Brad when you get a fix for the wiper door put a patent on it son  :thumb:

--- End quote ---

I think it will be a combination of ideas sourced from US forums Jethro :info:

wabco40:
Pouring with rain here today so decided it was time to start pulling the engine.

I only managed to drain the fluids, remove the starter and few other pieces. I am going away for work for a few days so hopefully get some more done on the weekend!!!!

Also I had some parts arrive in Fremantle last week so went down this morning and picked them up. Got Custom Image Corvette 2" flared rear fenders and two Torque Thrust 18 x 11 rims.
I had the rims made up with a 4.75" backspace. My current 18 x 9.5 rims have a 5.25" backspace. This will take the new rims another 2" out, hence the 2" flares.

I will get the new engine/gearbox and changed diff ratio sorted out before cutting out the original fenders and respraying the car.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version