Author Topic: Oct 2nd to the 5th Macquarie Muscle 2009 CE046  (Read 10802 times)

Offline 72vet

• Supercharged
Oct 2nd to the 5th Macquarie Muscle 2009 CE046
« on: October 22, 2008, 06:27:12 PM »

(Edited 26/05/09)

Macquarie Muscle

Port Macquarie

2 - 5 October Long weekend 2009

Northern member Mick McLean has taken the initiative and organised this great long weekend event at beautiful Port Macquarie in 2009. As you can see he's arranged plenty of cruising activity, including a grand parade through town. What a great way to spend a Spring holiday weekend in your Vette and what a great opportunity to show Club pride to the folks up north.

So, clear your 2009 diaries now for October 2 through 5 and let's make this a Club run to remember!

Accommodation details & bookings

The Observatory / Macquarie Waters      

CLICK ME For a Printer Friendly Version of all the  flyers

For just the Entry Order Form CLICK ME

For just the Entry Your Details Form Click Me

CLICK ME to see my albums.

Offline 72vet

• Supercharged
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 09:21:48 PM »

With the 09 Convention over and done with, it’s time now  to think of the Macquarie Muscle weekend away!

Michael has spent many hours putting this together, liaison with the Port Macquarie Council to include us in their Carnival of Pines festival street Parade along with arranging the best deals for us with the hoteliers in the area for our accommodation

Friday - Meet & greet night TBA (For the ones that arrive a day early to beat the traffic heading north)

Saturday - Cruise day - Oxley Highway - Followed with a BYO waterfront party at Oyster World.

Sunday - Street parade though the centre of town followed by a Show n Shine display on the town Greens

Monday – Farewell Breakfast. Make your own way home at your leisure, or if you like,
stay the extra day and have a leisurely cruise home without the traffic hassels.

More information to follow when Mick returns from holidays in the U.S

This promises to be a fantastic weekend so to all the NSW Corvette members & non members that wish to attend this event.

Contact

Michael  6582 - 5670
or
Nick 0411 126 383

Offline mick

• Tri Powered
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 05:13:13 PM »
Hey all,
            Im back from the USA, loved it!!!

Im ready to finalise all details for Macquarie Muscle, over the next week or so I will have an entry form up on the forum and Im sure in future club magazines.

To go in the Carnival of the Pines parade and oyster world YOU MUST FILL THIS OUT AND SEND IN WITH PAYMENT. The planners of the parade need exact numbers for the parade and I have to pay Oyster world 2 weeks before.

These small things will help ensure we all have as much fun as I did in the USA!!!!

Offline mick

• Tri Powered
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 05:21:33 PM »
NEXT SUBJECT:- Entry to Nominated Hotels
A few people have called and asked regarding entry to the nominated hotels with low cars etc.

Macquarie Waters:- Has excellent entry the lowest of low cars could get in here.

Observatory:- A slight downgrade any modern car with spoilers etc can get in there including my vette. (see pic below) the photo dosn't quite show but there is a concave section which flows through the door. i could happily drive my ute down there at 10kph and not slow down at all.

Offline 72vet

• Supercharged
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 04:42:35 PM »
Just in from Mick ;35 ;35

CLICK ME For a Printer Friendly Version of all of the above flyers

For just the Entry Order Form CLICK ME

For just the Entry Your Details Form Click Me

updated 26/05/09 Admin

Offline mick

• Tri Powered
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 07:23:48 PM »
Please Note:- Because this weekend is a long weekend accommodation is booking out fast, especially the 2 nominated hotels who are giving very good discounts im told.

So unless you want to sleep in your vette book soon!!!

:o

If you are looking to stay elsewhere and want some advice I have lived here my whole life and would be happy to help out if I can.

Offline mick

• Tri Powered
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 09:28:17 PM »
For all those who love lots of details I did a run out to Gingers Creek today and took a few pic's

Distance from Port to Gingers

115km

Fuel options are available at Gingers just in case you have way to much fun...

Diesel or Premium only

not a lot of room there so we will be parking close

but at least there will be no spectators to worry about brushing up against our cars to get a better look (my pet hate)

On todays run I overtook 2 cars just before the twistys and had 50km of empty road with no one in my way, all the way to Gingers.

All this on a long weekend. AWESOME  !!!!!!   ;)

Offline Thunderoo

• Two Barrel
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2009, 09:55:49 PM »
I have just received this from one of your members, and hopefully our club will join in on the activities with your club. ;42We are a Port Macquarie based club, and we have plans on attending the Carnival of the Pines this year. (the cars in your advert look very familiar to some of our club cars. :):)) And the cruise to Gingers Creek is great. We look forward to when you guys come up.

Do you want our guys to partialy fill out the entry forms ? I know you will get a few for the run to Gingers Creek.

Here is the link of your advert in our forum.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11263785

Gordon Scott
Mid North Coast Ford Owners Club

Offline mick

• Tri Powered
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2009, 09:13:32 AM »
Hi Superoo,
                   I would really appreciate if your members or anyone who is coming fills out the form with where they wish to go.

This really helps the places we are visiting eg:- Long flat Pub, so they can work out how much extra staff is required so we all still get good service!!!

Cheers

Mick

Originally posted by Thunderoo
I have just received this from one of your members, and hopefully our club will join in on the activities with your club. ;42We are a Port Macquarie based club, and we have plans on attending the Carnival of the Pines this year. (the cars in your advert look very familiar to some of our club cars. :):)) And the cruise to Gingers Creek is great. We look forward to when you guys come up.

Do you want our guys to partialy fill out the entry forms ? I know you will get a few for the run to Gingers Creek.

Offline Thunderoo

• Two Barrel
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2009, 05:38:10 PM »
Originally posted by mick
Hi Superoo,
                   I would really appreciate if your members or anyone who is coming fills out the form with where they wish to go.

This really helps the places we are visiting eg:- Long flat Pub, so they can work out how much extra staff is required so we all still get good service!!!

Cheers

Mick

Hi Mick
No worries with the forms, but where do i send them when we are finished, and what date will the cut off be for sending forms in ;45

Offline mick

• Tri Powered
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2009, 11:59:16 PM »
August 31st is the final date for sending forms in and the address is on the fill out forms.

Cant wait to see that XB Coupe !!!!!!

Offline Thunderoo

• Two Barrel
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2009, 07:40:51 AM »
Just a little heads up fellas. With all the rainfall that we have had during the past 3 months. The road up to Gingers Creek has taken a battering, and at the moment has been turned into 1 lane due to the road being washed away. Alot of bike riders are not going up there at the moment. They have portable traffic lights erected at the moment to deal with the traffic. Hopefully the road will be repaired before you guys come up, but somehow im not sure it will. I will keep you guys updated. :an

Offline mick

• Tri Powered
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2009, 12:21:03 PM »
Just a little heads up fellas. With all the rainfall that we have had during the past 3 months. The road up to Gingers Creek has taken a battering, and at the moment has been turned into 1 lane due to the road being washed away. Alot of bike riders are not going up there at the moment. They have portable traffic lights erected at the moment to deal with the traffic. Hopefully the road will be repaired before you guys come up, but somehow im not sure it will. I will keep you guys updated. :an

Hi Thunderoo,
                       My company is a RTA contractor, so I know the guy in charge of that area and have called him for an update.

At the moment there is a traffic light set up stopping 1 lane of traffic for 300mtrs of
the road I saw this on my ride up there 3 weeks ago and to be honest I was happy to rest there for 5 minutes waiting for the green light.

He also said the bulk of the pot hole repairs should be done by then, and there will be no work over the weekend of the event.

Offline Thunderoo

• Two Barrel
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2009, 07:41:27 AM »
I went through Gingers Creek yesterday on my way back from Tamworth. The road is still very loose in areas with pot holes still not fixed. The road still has only 1 lane working near Gingers Creek, but this is only about a 100 meter section. As it is now i would take the coupe up the road..........but i would be hanging back from the car in front of me due to alot of loose road being kicked up by the car in front.

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
  • Car: 1970 454 Manual
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2009, 11:33:10 AM »
 i would be hanging back from the car in front of me due to alot of loose road being kicked up by the car in front.  

Reminds me of a certain Northern run. Car still bears the stone chips.
It's C3 chromie for me, see? Si!

Offline mick

• Tri Powered
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2009, 07:47:07 AM »
Originally posted by mick

Hi Thunderoo,
                       My company is a RTA contractor, so I know the guy in charge of that area and have called him for an update.

At the moment there is a traffic light set up stopping 1 lane of traffic for 300mtrs of
the road I saw this on my ride up there 3 weeks ago and to be honest I was happy to rest there for 5 minutes waiting for the green light.

He also said the bulk of the pot hole repairs should be done by then, and there will be no work over the weekend of the event.

Sorry to repeat myself but please see above answer to original question.

:{

It is still 2.5months untill the event. With the RTA working on this road Monday thru Friday which has obviously been improving even in the last few weeks.

:ado

Offline mick

• Tri Powered
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2009, 12:41:31 PM »
4 weeks to go to get your form in !!!!

;46

Offline mick

• Tri Powered
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2009, 01:21:43 PM »
I just heard from the organisers of the Carnival of the Pines Parade.

I need to have exact numbers to them by 1st of September.

This means any forms recieved after this can not take part in the Parade on Sunday.....

Offline 72vet

• Supercharged
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2009, 06:12:12 PM »

Offline mick

• Tri Powered
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2009, 08:13:00 PM »
Did a Test Run out to Gingers and good news the road is quite good most of the road has been repaired and there is no loose rocks on the road.

There is a section for about about 2kms which is still a little rough but I had no problem getting in and around the bumps.

The only scare I had was running over a 4 foot blacksnake. (no pic sorry)

It was a very enjoyable drive but I really enjoyed the beer when we stopped at Long Flat pub on the way back.