Author Topic: Oct 2nd to the 5th Macquarie Muscle 2009 CE046  (Read 10803 times)

Offline 72vet

• Supercharged
Oct 2nd to the 5th Macquarie Muscle 2009 CE046
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2009, 06:13:29 PM »
I do like this Pic :evil Mick!

Anyone leaving Friday morning & would like to drive up to Port in a group, meet at Thornleigh Macca’s from 7:00 - Departing at 7:30 to catch up with other Vettes at the BP Servo at the end of the F3 on John Renshaw drive around 9:30
CLICK ME to see my albums.

Offline 72vet

• Supercharged
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2009, 05:57:03 PM »
;35  one week to go!!!!
CLICK ME to see my albums.

Offline mick

• Tri Powered
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2009, 06:09:58 PM »
Thanks to some friends (my work the major sponsor of Macquarie Muscle) we have 2 trophies.....

Offline Thunderoo

• Two Barrel
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2009, 08:11:34 AM »
Any details about whats happening after the parade ? Are you going to be at panthers on thursday night for the breifing of the parade ?  

Offline mick

• Tri Powered
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2009, 08:19:57 AM »
Originally posted by Thunderoo
Any details about whats happening after the parade ? Are you going to be at panthers on thursday night for the breifing of the parade ?  

Yep I'll be at Panthers Thursday night. If anyone wants to ask questions.

For the record I did not get any local entries other than myself, which was disapointing when there are so many cars in Port that suited the Genre.

:{

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
  • Car: 1970 454 Manual
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2009, 08:24:25 AM »
Originally posted by mick
For the record I did not get any local entries other than myself, which was disapointing when there are so many cars in Port that suited the Genre.

:{

Maybe once the the locals see what's coming in 2009 there'll be a change of heart for 2010. ;27
It's C3 chromie for me, see? Si!

Offline mick

• Tri Powered
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2009, 09:18:45 AM »
I hope So!!!

Im going to have a form at westport park for people to provide there details, so i can email them next years entry form.

Offline Thunderoo

• Two Barrel
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2009, 07:28:25 PM »
There were no entry forms given ? Only an invite to join in with you guys on your cruises. There was no entry forms or advertisment about a show and shine after the carnival of the pines at Westport park, all that was said that there might be a small show put on maybe in town green afterwards. I got a phone call from Port Council giving me more info that has been given to our club to date, if we knew that there was going to be something big on we would have been able to advertise it to our club. I work with a member of East Coast Holdens and he mentioned the same. Sorry guys. We will have 12 vehicles at the Carnival of the Pines, if you want us down at Westport park afterwards give us a yell, we could have been able to arrange alot more cars at Westport if we knew what was happening. All we got was a flyer saying cars on display at Westport, nothing else.

Offline mick

• Tri Powered
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2009, 07:47:55 PM »
I have just received this from one of your members, and hopefully our club will join in on the activities with your club. ;42We are a Port Macquarie based club, and we have plans on attending the Carnival of the Pines this year. (the cars in your advert look very familiar to some of our club cars. :):)) And the cruise to Gingers Creek is great. We look forward to when you guys come up.

Do you want our guys to partialy fill out the entry forms ? I know you will get a few for the run to Gingers Creek.

Here is the link of your advert in our forum.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11263785

Gordon Scott
Mid North Coast Ford Owners Club

Offline mick

• Tri Powered
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2009, 07:48:37 PM »
Originally posted by mick
Hi Superoo,
                   I would really appreciate if your members or anyone who is coming fills out the form with where they wish to go.

This really helps the places we are visiting eg:- Long flat Pub, so they can work out how much extra staff is required so we all still get good service!!!

Cheers

Mick

I have just received this from one of your members, and hopefully our club will join in on the activities with your club. ;42We are a Port Macquarie based club, and we have plans on attending the Carnival of the Pines this year. (the cars in your advert look very familiar to some of our club cars. :):)) And the cruise to Gingers Creek is great. We look forward to when you guys come up.

Do you want our guys to partialy fill out the entry forms ? I know you will get a few for the run to Gingers Creek.

Offline mick

• Tri Powered
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2009, 07:49:28 PM »
Originally posted by 72vet

(Edited 26/05/09)

Macquarie Muscle

Port Macquarie

2 - 5 October Long weekend 2009

Northern member Mick McLean has taken the initiative and organised this great long weekend event at beautiful Port Macquarie in 2009. As you can see he's arranged plenty of cruising activity, including a grand parade through town. What a great way to spend a Spring holiday weekend in your Vette and what a great opportunity to show Club pride to the folks up north.

So, clear your 2009 diaries now for October 2 through 5 and let's make this a Club run to remember!

Accommodation details & bookings

The Observatory / Macquarie Waters      

CLICK ME For a Printer Friendly Version of all the  flyers

For just the Entry Order Form CLICK ME

For just the Entry Your Details Form Click Me

Offline mick

• Tri Powered
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2009, 07:54:57 PM »
The Holden club were invited by email in the same manner, Ive been talking to their Events coordinater on the phone just now. They actually let me know a while back they really wanted to come but to be fair to thier whole club (as some cars dont fit the genre) they felt that it would be best to not attend. We have now agreed that their club are welcome to set up at West Port Park after the Parade.  

We are happy for anyone with a Muscle Genre Car to set up with us after the Parade for a gold coin donation which will go towards the NSW Corvettes chosen Charity.

I apologise if I have not been clear enough in my inviting of local clubs to this event and really hope mabye more can attend next years event if all goes well.

Cheers

Mick

To get the actual order form you had to click on the bit at the bottom that said Click Here for order form.

Not trying to be funny obvouisly this did not stand out enough on the post and I will make it more obvious if this event is sucessful enough to repeat next year.

Offline Thunderoo

• Two Barrel
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2009, 08:35:22 PM »
Trust me Mick, im not being a smart cookie here, what do you class as a "Muscle Car"? I know i can bring my XB coupe along, and i will. But we have BA and BF GT's XR8's V6 Capri's and a AC cobra attending the pines parrade, do any of those vehicles fall into that catorgory ? We have a XB GT coupe and a XC cobra, and a XY falcon attending also, i would add those 3 cars in the "Muscle Car" catorgory. But what of those that might want to attend but feel that they would feel "out of place". I can do my best to advertise it, but this is the question that i wll get from 90% of our members.

Offline Thunderoo

• Two Barrel
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2009, 08:40:25 PM »
Maybe next year a flyer and an entry form printed out and sent to our po box might work better Mick. There has been a huge misunderstanding and unfortunatly car numbers will suffer from our club. Will chat tomorrow night.

Offline mick

• Tri Powered
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2009, 08:41:18 PM »
Good Question:- Because if we were being exact there would be no Corvettes as they are America's Sports Car not Muscle Car.

The way I see it a Corvette came out as a 6 cylinder once and is still built in modern times as is the Mustang & Now Camaro.

So if your car's a hot 6 or a modern V8 I see no problem whatsoever.

But thats just my take on it, theres probably a million ways that could go.

IN SHORT CUBES RULE !!!!

Offline yellow fever 454

• Two Barrel
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2009, 10:01:21 PM »
I feel I should support Mick on this issue as all the people who are attending this weekend managed to dowload the entry forms from the forum & fill them out &  get them back so we knew how many were attending. We have 20 plus cars & 50 people coming from Sydney & the Central coast to support this event.  Mick has done a fantastic job in organising this weekend.  
         Cheers  Bob.

Offline Thunderoo

• Two Barrel
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2009, 08:33:43 AM »
Dont get me wrong here guys, as i will be there on the day with you. I have met Mick and our club has allowed a corvette to join us on a ford cruise, and is welcome to do so anytime. Our club have organized various events with over a 100 vehicles attending, we have found a flyer and an entry form sent out via mail the only way that works. Leaving stuff in forums and leaving the responsibility on the other party to download and look does not have the same result as mailing an entry form to the clubs po box. I know it sounds lazy on the party that has to download and print out forms themselfs (and it is) but it does not get done. The other way will go through the committee process and the club will advertise a show and shine. The way our club saw it that you guys were advertising a weekend out, and we advertised it that way, we had 2 members that wanted to have the weekend out with you guys, but since there were not many others of our club wanting to spend a weekend, the 2 pulled out. But if it was an advertisment of a large show and shine at westport park ONLY, our club would have advertised it that way, and i could confidently say that you would have at least 10 - 15 vehicles from our club alone. I dont mean to post this in a way to drag out a nasty responce as i have to associate myself on Sunday with you guys and i have to meet and talk to Mick tonight, but this is the way our club has perceived this weekend, and in the end we will be just as dissapointed as you guys for the lack of local entrys, as there is quite a few cars in the area that will fit perfectly in this event.

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
  • Car: 1970 454 Manual
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2009, 01:46:53 PM »
I dont mean to post this in a way to drag out a nasty responce as i have to associate myself on Sunday with you guys and i have to meet and talk to Mick tonight, but this is the way our club has perceived this weekend, and in the end we will be just as dissapointed as you guys for the lack of local entrys, as there is quite a few cars in the area that will fit perfectly in this event.

I think we all understand your point of view and that you're a mate of ours, so thanks for pointing out how we can improve communications going forward.

;42

It's C3 chromie for me, see? Si!

Offline mick

• Tri Powered
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2009, 12:29:32 PM »
I have just been told that Macquarie Muscle has been given an award from The Carnival of the Pines Parade, thats all I know at this stage I will post more when I am presented with the award.....

Offline yellow fever 454

• Two Barrel
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2009, 02:47:49 PM »
Thanks for the day out guys. Here is the pics that we took on the day.

Edited by Admin
Pictures are now in another thread HERE

Congratulations Mick and a big thanks for a well organised weekend. I believe everybody had a good time & we are looking foward to next year.
  Thanks Thuneroo for some great pics.
        Bob.