Author Topic: Daytona Blue 1964  (Read 4179 times)

Offline Captclean

• I'm new here
Daytona Blue 1964
« on: July 18, 2013, 08:54:12 PM »
Hi All
I'm looking for some assistance in relation to the correct formula for the C2 Daytona Blue.  Seems local paint shop with help from Melbourne are unable to come up with anything but the Nissan version which is a bright blue.
Any clues on formulation would be helpful. I've even taken in the code cross reference details for multiple manufacturers from a great website but to no luck.

http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?manuf=GM&model=Corvette&page=2&rows=50

Regards
Sean

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
Re: Daytona Blue 1964
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 10:33:09 PM »
The code 916 should not be hard to find info
I will ask my local. Supplier Monday
What sort of paint at you wanting to use
The formula will differ for different paints
Ie two pack to   lacquer
Bfit
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline Captclean

• I'm new here
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 06:43:30 AM »
Thanks Bfit
I thought so also as I had also provided a few manufacturers reference codes - however no luck with the right outcome, kept being offered sample pots of a bright blue.
Im wanting to do it in Acrylic in keeping with the 916 original application.  I did a 63 roadster I had a few years back in Ermine white and had a similar problem getting the right outcoome.

Regards

Sean

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 10:09:00 AM »
Sean
Where are you situated
The supplier I use has a formula in two pack and is going to see if he can get  a mix for Acrylic
They say the two pack base is Indy  blue with a Black and a  pearl mix with looks like it will be quite dark. ( majority of a 4lt tin is black about 3lt protec acrylic mix  )

Pm me and I will send you all the contact info
Bfit
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill