Author Topic: purple polish  (Read 4711 times)

MJ355

purple polish
« on: February 19, 2004, 09:15:32 PM »
:bold:{ i would like to recommend a product. i have been using over the last couple of days i have been using california purple metal polish on my truck. if u had seen the difference in the wheels and tanks u would think i had changed them this stuff is unbelivable they were covered in surface rust and tarnished very badly now they look brand new so if u need to polish some metal go get someCALIFORNIA PURPLE  :bold:{

Offline Adam

• Four Barrel
    • http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~turon/photo/index.htm
purple polish
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2004, 04:23:29 PM »
Where did you get it from and/or where can I get it?

Id also like to recommend a product NuFinish the "once a year car polish". (FOR PAINT) Ive been waxing/polishing all sorts of cars both with new and old paint jobs, and of all that Ive tried this stuff really works. It gives the shinyest finish, the smoothest (to the touch) finish for the longest time- about 3-5 months for a ungaraged daily driver.

It also hides light scratches(i used it on a new but much offroaded 4wd), but it doesnt remove paint (its not a cutting compound), the scratches do reapear if you dont reapply within a year. I have also used it on old cars with chalky paint, so chalky its white, just a light rub of it restores it back to color and makes it smooth to touch- again with no visible residue paint on the cloth.

I think its pretty amazing for a product that you can buy in a kmart. There used to be ads for it on tv- they looked dodgy, promised a lot- but after using it for a few years now, its still good, does anyone know what they use in it?

They also have nu-finish car wash- it is clear and doesnt leave nearly as much residue if you let it dry in the sun compared to say tutlewax car wash.

Adam
1980 LG4 stock 305 running LPG.

I'm a highway staaaaaarrrr...

Offline The White Knight

• Four Barrel
    • www.amcca.com.au
purple polish
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2004, 04:31:02 PM »
Guys this is the best polish you can use I have been using it for years the best place to get it is from truck spare parts places you will not use any thing else after this.
         Regards Garry.;):);):);):);):);):);):););35

MJ355

purple polish
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2004, 06:54:44 PM »
:bold:{I bought the california puruple metal polish from south coast truck spares so any truck spares place.
Today i polished the cab boy was that in a bad state it hadnt been polished or washed probably since new. I used the kitten cut and polish no2 in the red can boy does cab it shine from dull chalky and rough as sand paper to bright shiny and smooth as a babys butt.:bold:{

Offline Adam

• Four Barrel
    • http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~turon/photo/index.htm
purple polish
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2004, 07:34:24 PM »
yeh thats why I found nufinish amazing coz its not a cut and polish, you wont thin your paint and u get the same result. No rubbing at all, just apply, let it dry and buff off.

Even more bizzare is they say you can apply it in the sun as well, and I have done so in the past, workes just fine.

Adam
1980 LG4 stock 305 running LPG.

I'm a highway staaaaaarrrr...

Offline atom1982

purple polish
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2006, 04:20:07 PM »
how much does it cost?

Offline BrianVette

• Four Barrel
  • Treasurer
purple polish
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2006, 05:30:55 PM »
I bought a bottle ( 500mls I think ) after White Knight told me about it cost me about $12 and does work really well ;46