Author Topic: Zaino  (Read 11599 times)

Offline Stingraynut

• Four Barrel
    • www.myvette.20m.com
Zaino
« on: December 19, 2003, 01:57:23 PM »
I've been considering trying some Zaino polish for a long time.

By all accounts it has a very very long lasting 'wet look' and gets better the more coats you apply.

I took advantage of the Ecklers 10% weekend discount and ordered some stuff, including Zaino but they can't ship it to Aus.

Here's a good review of an independent test of Zaino/Meguirs Gold/ Zymol
 http://www.nsxsc.com/nsexcitement/waxtest.html

and the Zaino website -http://www.zainobros.com

The question is ......does anyone know if we can get it here in Australia ?

S'nut

Offline Vette Obsessed

• Supercharged
    • http://www.nswcorvettes.com.au
Zaino
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2003, 11:48:56 AM »
Why can't you get it shipped?

A friend of mine from the states says it is great - as long as you use it on a car which has reasonable paint to start off with.
"Life's tough.  It's tougher when you're stupid"

Offline Stingraynut

• Four Barrel
    • www.myvette.20m.com
Zaino
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2003, 02:04:52 PM »
Hi Vette Obsessed, Zaino can't be shipped because it has been declared 'hazardous' by some US department. There's a theory that maybe it comes under the inflammable heading.

I've contacted Zaino to see if there are other ways to get it. I did this also 6 months ago (I think about things for far too long) and they gave me their suppliers name in Singapore - his prices converted much higher than US so I stalled on the project -as you know, I've had plenty of other things to attend to !!

Actually I want to use it on less than perfect paintwork - I've been reading raves about it for maybe 3 years and all point to a longevity of the wet look.

I have some Meguirs liquid gold class and it doesn't last a week - this was supported by the NSX test in the link I posted at the top.

Other people swear by Meguirs or Mothers or something else. So far I haven't found a long lasting wet look for my daily driver. Although the Eagle One car WASH is working better than polish at the moment - sure it only lasts a few days but it's easier to put on the polish which also lasts about the same - obviously my poor paintwork is causing this.

I'm determnined now to get some Zaino.

I realise there are several ways to skin a cat. Unfortunately a Fed Ex jet caught on fire and burned to the ground yesterday so my US mates are not too keen to help.

S'nut

Offline Grand Sport #357

• Two Barrel
Zaino
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2004, 12:50:19 PM »
Guys, just read this post about not beening able to ship Zanio there. Is there a problem with a private person shipping that over ?  If any of you could find out, I'd be happy to send it to you. You know what different products to use I assume because you have seen there web site. Everyone I know swears by it but I would recomend you clay bar you car also to get the dead off. Let me know if I can help.    Mike

Offline johnny86convert

• Four Barrel
Zaino
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2004, 07:55:29 PM »
Doesn't  clay  barring  clean  paint  surface  but  just  FILLS  swirl  and  scratch  marks  so  you  should  start  witha  good  prep,follow  the  polishing  tips,start  to  finish  and  finish  with a  great  canubra  wax????????next  time  you  go  to  the  sydney  motor  show  and  you  see all  the  show  cars  HAVE A  REAL  GOOD  LOOK  AT  THERE  SO  CALLED  SHOW  FINISHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   you  maybe  surprised  at  what  you  really  see  is  scratched  to  hell,  the  lambo's  at  the  last  one  where  atrocious  they  should  be  horsewhipped  if  they  think  thats  show  quality....;);););)

Offline Grand Sport #357

• Two Barrel
Zaino
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2004, 02:54:52 AM »
you may be right,dunno,but clay bars do take off not fill  IMO. Prime case was my mother-in -law's car, a year old Toyota that looked fine but if you felt the finish it was not smooth. Clay bar took off what I assume was dead paint from the Forida sun and made the car feel like a baby's butt. then the Zanio and the shine was real deep and the feel was ultra smooth. Some folks even clay bar there windsheild glass , never did that yet.

Offline Shane Finn

• Four Barrel
Zaino
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2004, 07:18:45 AM »
Hi there Grand Sport. We chatted on one of the US forums (CorvetteActionCentre?).

The advantage of shipping it privately is you get to declare what the products are in your own terms. However I doubt it would be worth the risk. The fines are enormous.

BTW all this only applies by air shipment. Ship by sea and you can transport whatever you like I believe - it just takes longer.

I use Meguiars and achieve an outstanding shine and wet look. However you don't want to use the products in the dark colour bottles or the Gold Class. I use the stuff in the tan bottles available at most Repcos. Use the #00 wash, the #7 polish and the #26 polish.
2001 Z06, Torch Red

Offline 77CVT

• Fuel Injected
    • www.autobabes.com.au
Zaino
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2004, 10:01:44 AM »
Has anyone used the Meguiars cutting compound.  I think there is 2 types.

I think clay bars pull the contaminants out of the paint so you can start fresh.  I use dishwashing liquid when I totally redo my wax.  It does the same thing.

Offline Grand Sport #357

• Two Barrel
Zaino
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2004, 03:14:10 PM »
;eekdish soap takes all the oils out also and really hurts the paint in the long run. Yes, it will take all the polish/wax off but not the stuff your after. We are looking for that mile deep shine and it starts with clay baring the auto.

ZED oh SIX...yep ,we did, good to hear from you. Where would I go to send something by boat? I'm stuck in the midwest about 700 miles from the ocean. Wait a minute thats the wrong ocean, I'm about 2000 miles from the pacific. Besides, I would declare my package as automobile accessories;27

Offline Shane Finn

• Four Barrel
Zaino
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2004, 07:03:59 AM »
I have used Meguiars Swirl Remover #9 and Light Cut Cleaner #2. Both are very light cutting compounds. They also have two heavier cutting compounds.

I used a 10 inch buffer and got great results. In one place I used the #2, followed by #9 and ScratchX and the results were perfect. ;laugh

I also used #9 over the large flat surfaces of the car to remove a very! slight orange peel and brought out an almost mirror like surface. :22

Grand Sport: Sea shipments will likely be picked up by truck/rail then transported to a port. All to reduce cost, or in our case to avoid air transport.
2001 Z06, Torch Red

Offline Grand Sport #357

• Two Barrel
Zaino
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2004, 04:28:55 AM »
right.....got it.:evil

Offline Grand Sport #357

• Two Barrel
Zaino
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2004, 04:38:19 PM »
Stingraynut.....parcel will be posted on Tuesday to you. Couldn't send today because of MLK day and the post office was closed. Hoping for the best;27

Offline Ausrs

• Four Barrel
Zaino
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2004, 07:58:48 PM »
i still dont think you can go past the auto glym  range of polishes/cleaners

Offline Stingraynut

• Four Barrel
    • www.myvette.20m.com
Zaino
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2004, 08:32:45 AM »
Hi Aus Rs, I've just posted in the Corvette Forum re the Air Pump elimination problem for Corvette's - seems someone has thought of using a reverse flow waterpump and re-routing the belt.

I've sent a copy of the link to the diagram you  posted of the belt - hope that's OK with you.

What the heck is Auto Glym ? Who sells it ?

I'll post the results of the Zaino here in a while. Thanks to Grand Sport.

S'nut

Offline Grand Sport #357

• Two Barrel
Zaino
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2004, 01:46:42 PM »
Originally posted by Stingraynut[/i

I'll post the results of the Zaino here in a while. Thanks to Grand Sport.
S'nut [/quote                                                              
 S'nut.....man its going to be a while, they told me it would take like WEEKS ( 5 or 6 ) before you get it, the rain will be over before you recieve the stuff.   BTW, I declared it as car polish so there should be no problem ?  ;29

Offline Ausrs

• Four Barrel
Zaino
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2004, 06:37:07 PM »
hope someone comes up with the correct routing ..easier way ,no hassles with the link being sent :)
as for auto glym mainly available from smash repair suppliers ...very very good polish and other products as well

MJ355

Zaino
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2004, 11:12:32 PM »
Auto One  and most stores as such sell auto glym i use it and highly recommened it
If anybody seen how good my C4 (blue) use to come up after it they would know how good it is

Offline Stingraynut

• Four Barrel
    • www.myvette.20m.com
Zaino
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2004, 11:29:59 PM »
I got my Zaino - yippee...thanks to Grand Sport #357 - he posted it surface mail and declared it as Car Polish so was totally legit. Didn't take too long to arrive

It smells good, so it's gotta be good. I resisted the urge to polish the entire car - we're in the wet season up here in Cairns, although not as 'wet' as it should be - still, constant higfh humidity, showers and storms. I decided to hold off the full polish and do some test patches on some faded clear coat on the upper rear.

My car is a daily driver and all previous polish has worn off - Meguirs and Eagle One. I'll post the results as I find them, it should takle a while.

This stuff is very thin, will spread a heck of a long way, just as the instructions insist you do. The bonus of Zaino as opposed to car waxes is that you can apply multiple coats and deepen the wet look plus it's supposed to last - we'll see.

I'm all pro Zaino at the moment but whatever the real truth is will appear in time.

Thanks again to Grand Sport #357 - he said he would post it on Tuesday, 20th Jan and I recieved it Friday 30th Jan - other things have taken longer to reach me from NSW !!!!

S'nut

Offline Grand Sport #357

• Two Barrel
Zaino
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2004, 02:57:07 AM »
:22:22:22The postman lied...he said a long time. Thats great for you,hope it works out ok.

Offline 350Z

Zaino
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2004, 01:27:51 PM »
Stingraynut, I'm glad you managed to get your zaino. I've been searching high and low in Australia for it after reading all the reviews in the forums at 350Zfrenzy.com
By all accounts it's a terrific product and I've just discovered that it IS AVAILABLE IN AUSTRALIA at www.aurora-one.com.au

Good luck with your polishing