Author Topic: IMPORT DELEGATES MEETING PROPOSED  (Read 6433 times)

Offline cosmicvette

• Four Barrel
IMPORT DELEGATES MEETING PROPOSED
« on: December 19, 2003, 10:40:13 AM »
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone out there has imported a vette from the states........Im looking at importing and I just want to know the best way to go about it. Had a look on the net for shipping companies. What should I look out for?  Can anyone recommend a shipping company?

Stay cool ;35

cosmicvette

MJ355

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2003, 04:06:28 PM »
talk to warren (mr 502) he just imported his vet only about two weeks ago it arrived  from the us

Offline DMCPONT

• Two Barrel
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2004, 07:46:32 AM »
Just make sure that any importing of 30 year to 15 year vehicle are done and LANDED by 31 Dec..04 as the Fed Gove now looks hell bent on making it impossible for you all to get the different types of vehicles now allowed in..  In...

Offline Nik

• Four Barrel
    • http://www.niksweb.com
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2004, 05:28:22 PM »
what are you talking about DMCPOINT?

this is bad news for me.

My Car Domain Spot
www.niksweb.com :evil

MJ355

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2004, 07:26:20 PM »
no nik your ok
1 your car is over 30yrs old
2 you have owned the car as a personal runabout for  over 12 months so u will be able to do a personal import
or 3 u can send it over to me before the end of the year and i can have to blue  chrome bumpers in my garage  ;35well it will be painted before then of the year

Offline Nik

• Four Barrel
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2004, 01:51:14 PM »
ya dreamin' ;35

whats the deal with noise pollution? would it still matter for me? as im pretty sure my car is > 92db or whatever the limit is :(

My Car Domain Spot

Offline 77CVT

• Fuel Injected
    • www.autobabes.com.au
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2004, 03:57:42 PM »
>92db??

Offline DMCPONT

• Two Barrel
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2004, 10:36:53 PM »
.. it seems  you will be ok.. just the rest of the Aussie auto population is about to be quiet king hit..    with Jap imports 1500% up in 5 years.. and No legal WTO or non trade barrier way to stop them.. the Fed Gov will bring down the curtains on easy import of 15 to 30 year cars.. just like they have the 0 to 15 years.... making Certified Workshops only the people able to sign off the entry for ANY vehicle.. BUT ONLY IF THEY HAVE SPENT THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS on qualifying THE TYPE OF VEHICLE TO BE IMPORTED...

IT IS SIMPLY NOT THRU YET.. but the paperwork is in hand.. the DOT public servants want to appease the minister & by cancelling the current way we are able to bring the cars in  (especially 15-30 year old cars)..  it will keep all the manufacturers happy I guess also.

AT BEST.. the new series of rules will say "we are not preventing the cars coming in - just a certified workshop will give protection to the car owner. it will be a bonus"

What they will not freely say.. is the qualification and cost involved in getting a Workshop approved for THAT model.. IT DOES NOT PAY...  IE .. this is why 95% of car importers and converters have given up..

GET YOU CARS IN THIS YEAR TO BE SAFE.

Offline MADVET

• Tri Powered
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2004, 07:28:58 PM »
DMCPONT - Do you know if this new legislation will affect cars being bought into the country and used for spare parts or spare parts being obtained in general?
NOW WE'RE TORQUING!

Offline DMCPONT

• Two Barrel
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2004, 11:01:27 PM »
.. Update.. there is NO such thing now allowed in as a "spare parts car"..  not since late last year... if you bring a body shell in .. your suppose to NOT bring in other significant parts of that vehicle in the same container load.  But you can't register a Body Shell now anyway that has not had its VIN certified by DOT /FORS anyway.

All cars.. regardless of condition.. MUST qualify for import..

..By the looks of things.. the DOT will institute a ruling AT LEAST restricting for the rest of our natural lives.. that only 30 year and older vehicles will be freely allowed in .. .. IF.. IF .. the useless RAWS scheme Workshops have a spare 30 or 40 grand or more.. they MAY.. only MAY.. decide to invest in some 70's series. .. maybe Mustang.. maybe.. Pontiac.. maybe Corvette.. but don't hold your breath  if the current completed certifications are anything to go by.. bugger all interest in the major converters getting behind the scheme.. AND.. the gov keeps moving the goal posts... just like they are doing now...!!
..SO what is happening currently to 0 to 15  year old cars.. ie lack of imports..

.. That is what is 99% likely to happen.. unless you can come up with a way to restrict Jap imports.. without saying Jap imports are restricted.. and without any type of CAP or tariffs.. .. and without contravening the World Trade Organization agreements.

Offline MADVET

• Tri Powered
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2004, 11:29:10 PM »
...without saying Jap imports are restricted... How about restricting all imports with an engine capacity of 2 litres or less? Should keep the bulk of them out.;39
NOW WE'RE TORQUING!

Offline Nik

• Four Barrel
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2004, 12:20:35 PM »
lol

i like your style! ;35

My Car Domain Spot

Offline DMCPONT

• Two Barrel
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2004, 04:05:43 PM »
IN LIGHT OF THE CHANGE OF POLICY LIKELY.. and the need to have OUR imput into it..  it is proposed that an open forum meeting in Sydney  between Federal Dept of Transport  / FORS  movers and shakers and as many interested owners, occassional importers or people in the US Supply, Import cartage, restoration, Insurance & aligned industries would be be able to appreciate a chance to listen & to constructively question.. the ammendments to the existing 15 year and older access laws.

.. without your interest.. there will be .. NO interest by them... and the doors will simply pathetically shut.. even though the FDOT will not directly say they are shutting them. .. merely putting in place extra safeguard to help you from yoursel.....
    more info as it comes about.

Offline Nik

• Four Barrel
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2004, 01:45:37 PM »
any updates are appreciated..

my dad bought a '80 ya see, so we are still screwed if the government decides to screw us.

My Car Domain Spot