Author Topic: ZIP products- never buying from them again  (Read 2603 times)

Offline 87droptop

• Four Barrel
  • Mood: Always good !!
ZIP products- never buying from them again
« on: April 30, 2011, 09:08:58 AM »
Hi All,
I orderd a diff from ZIP over the internet, and specified as per Ecklers site, which size front yoke I want installed on it as it is a rebuilt diff, mine is 3.75", and I made that clear in an email, the reply was they go by what year and other info they have. The diff arrived and , sure enough it is a 4.25" yoke. When I emailed them complaining I didn't get what I specifically asked for (and included previous emails to prove what I wanted) they replied that they somehow assumed my car is 1971, mine is a 68 and regardless it could have had the drive line modified or maybe all replaced with something different, and thats why I specified what I wanted. Now they wont take it back and send me what I ordered, obviously thats too expensive, they want to send a yoke, and, wont pay for a mechanic to replace it, I, yes, I am expected to do that, with an instruction sheet, so, what about warranty since I am not a mechanic by trade....and all this after wasting four days of emails and few phone calls.... So ANYONE looking to buy parts from ZIP, my advise is pay a bit more at other suppliers but avoid them, since it happened to me it can happen to any of you guys.
G A

Offline Jethro

• Camo's nemesis
  • Supercharged
  • The Lone Ranger
  • Car: 1969 Corvette Roadster
ZIP products- never buying from them again
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 08:45:01 PM »
Bummer 87Droptop:grr::grr::grr: