Author Topic: Wintersun Newsletter.....  (Read 4579 times)

Offline mick

• Tri Powered
Wintersun Newsletter.....
« on: November 18, 2010, 02:10:01 PM »
WINTERSUN 2011 will be in PORT MACQUARIE from June 3rd to 13th.

Details are still being ironed out by the Wintersun organisers. A display area will be set aside for our club as our club was one of the first to make an enquiry. Also as most people in the club realise I live in Port Macquarie and have offered my services to help out Wintersun if they need help.

The Wintersun Car Show is for Pre 1974 vehicles only. But remember anyone can still come up and have a great weekend with us. Just bring you daily driver park it in the motel and have a great weekend not worrying about your car.

Wintersun Website: http://www.wintersun.org.au/index.ews

Statements below are taken directly from the Wintersun website.

After more than a year of careful deliberations The Wintersun Festival Committee has entered into an agreement with Events NSW to stage an annual Wintersun Festival in regional NSW for initially the next three years.

The Festival will not remain in the same location for two years in a row.

PORT MACQUARIE
Port Macquarie is located on the New South Wales North Coast just off the Pacific Highway. By road it is about 7 hours from Brisbane, 3 hours from Newcastle, and 4½hours from Sydney. The Oxley Highway also links to Tamworth and Armidale. By air Qantas, Bridabella and Virgin fly direct from Sydney with current fares as low as $79.00. Wauchope is only 20 minutes from Port Macquarie and is serviced by XPT rail from Brisbane and Sydney, we hope to have a couple of rock & roll express trains as part of the event.

Port Macquarie has some fantastic accommodation ranging from caravan parks to top quality ocean views and you will find incredible bargains. You will also experience a wide variety of restaurants from local seafood to top value bistros and club priced drinks.

Wintersun has secured some excellent venues including a basketball court – and that means the return of a dance competition. Clubs and venues are all keen to work together with us to make this the best Wintersun ever seen. As usual Wintersun 2011 will feature a great range of entertainment from Swing to rockabilly and dance to Cabaret. We have got great enthusiasm with the local venues and fully expect to announce a full and action packed 10 day event before Christmas.

Car show areas will be in beachfront parks and in the town centre, we have an excellent merchandise area and room for good open air stages.

Wintersun Port Macquarie will focus primarily between Clarence Street and The Glasshouse (Entertainment Centre) to Panthers. Our main open air entertainment areas will be along the waterfront between Hay Street and Park Street which includes a huge park area.

We will also use the basketball courts and football fields which are along Hastings River Drive near the airport.

Port Macquarie Visitors Centre is giving very good advice on accommodation options and is working closely with Wintersun. They can be contacted on 1300 303 155

As I said as I find out more I will post it here and it will go in the club magazine as well.

Offline mick

• Tri Powered
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 12:46:09 PM »
The wintersun website has been updated with entry forms etc. I have also read through and found a section for application to bring post 74 vehicle's. :bannana::bannana::bannana: This is good news for our club.:pepper:

Main site
http://www.wintersun.org.au/index.ews

Form site
http://www.wintersun.org.au/forms.ews

After I get some advice from our club I will post info so we can all set up together as a club....

Offline 72vet

• Supercharged
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 02:04:45 PM »
Thanks for the update Mick
CLICK ME to see my albums.

Offline mick

• Tri Powered
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 07:39:41 PM »
Sorry to be a while getting back people.

Im sure most people that are coming have already booked there accommodation by now I hope.

The clubs consensus from what I have found is that most people from the club are to attend on the long weekend. But do what suits your timetable.

I will be attending on both weekends but due to work commitments I will not be there through the week between. This will not stop me from going to see a few shows through the week.

car entry form (found below) if you wish to attend you need to fill out and send.

http://www.wintersun.org.au/forms.ews

enter what ever you wish too over the event but make sure you mention our club in the group entry section as NSW CORVETTE CLUB. And fill out zone choice as river zone "1" and Bridge Zone "2".

With The Weekend Street Cruise I have marked down
Friday 3, Saturday 1 & Sunday 2.

I will be attending meetings leading up to the event so I should know what happening (with any luck)

If anyone has trouble getting a place to stay DON’T PANIC!!!!

Contact me and I will help you…..

I am happy to put people up at my house and I have friends that will help, remember 100,00 people are expected to a town of 40,000.

michael.mclean8@bigpond.com.au

or

0428 317830

Cheers all

Mick

Offline Camo

• Jethro is my nemesis
  • Administrator
  • Supercharged
  • Joe Pappas Missile Builder
  • Car: 77. 355 ci 400hp
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 12:59:53 AM »

Wintersun Newsletter...

With only a few months to our first Wintersun in Port Macquarie excitement is certainly growing. Port Macquarie offers a superb range of venues which has allowed us to create by far the best programme of entertainment and activities for many years.

Dedicated venues and a fantastic park area on the banks of the Hastings River has given us the scope to create a huge variety of events including a dance competition, car cruises, street parade, car shows and a star studded line up of entertainment.

If you only go to one festival this year it should be The original Wintersun Festival in Port Macquarie - we hope you can make it.

ENTERTAINMENT

The Wintersun Entertainment programme will be finalised over the next few weeks, already we are delighted to have some of the biggest legends in music history including Col Joye, Macca, The Delltones, Alan Dale, Lonnie Lee, Digger Revell, Johnny Devlin,and both in her own right as representing her father the fantastic Vicky O'Keefe.

From America we welcome The Pretty Things Peep Show for their first ever trip down under together with Marti Brom and Nick Curran Band, from England we have Rockabilly legend John Lewis and from New Zealand we have XRay Catz. Check out the entertainment page on our web site for full details.

Swing bands and performers include festival favourites Harry Deluxe, Lucky Seven and The Darling Buds Of May as well as The Kalamunda Youth Swing Band from Western Australia.

Elvis fans will enjoy the chance to meet Jerry Schilling and maybe pick up a signed copy of Me And A Guy Named Elvis.

More rockabilly, more dance, more swing and more shows - keep an eye on the Entertainment page of our web site an new acts are finalised. http://www.wintersun.org.au/entertainment.ews

Fun Stuff

We have a heap of interesting and fun things to do, for example:

Entries.

Car Entrants may now download an entry form from the Cars page of our web site or email us at info@wintersun.org.au This year we have included a special category for special interest vehicles that do not fit in our regular pre 1974 range. We have four display zones, two are available for group entries.

We are once again part of The Ultimate Elvis® Tribute Competition and entry forms are now available from our download page - you may also email for details. We are particularly excited to have Music Cruises Australia as competition sponsor - Elvis fans should have a look at their 'The King' Tribute Cruise at www.musicCruises.com.au

Dancers will enjoy Mal Gerrard's Oceanic  Dance Competition and entry forms are also available online now.

Street Parade entry forms are now available from our download page. WorkshopsWith the Port Macquarie Indoor Sports Centre we have a huge dancefloor and three full days of workshops, details on our workshops page All forms may be downloaded from http://www.wintersun.org.au/forms.ews

Accommodation, travel and local knowledge

Port Macquarie Hastings Council are set up to ASSIST visitors with good value and good quality accommodation as well as information on all the things to do in Port and surrounding areas. They can be contacted on 1300 303 155.
Countrylink have organised a special wintersun Rock 'n' Rail Train from Sydney. To reserve your seat contact Cameron on cameron.nicholls@railcorp.nsw.gov.au or phone 04 2792 6566. We also hope to have a Brisbane Service.

LOOKING AHEAD - 2012 will be Wintersun's 25th Birthday - send us your suggestions on how we should celebrate, your ideal performers or any other ideas.[/b]

Click These Links For More Information

Home    News    Sponsors    Gallery    History    Links    Contact

Time, The Predator That Stalks Us All

Black is not a colour, it's a life style

Offline Camo

• Jethro is my nemesis
  • Administrator
  • Supercharged
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 02:01:34 PM »
Latest News Letter From Wintersun........

Wintersun Newsletter...

Wow, only 8 weeks to Wintersun.

So much is happening at the moment.

CAR ENTRIES
Car entries are rolling in, it is amazing how many new entrants we have who have never entered a Wintersun event before. It seems that The Bridge Zone is the most popular so far and will fill in the next couple of weeks. [color="#ff0000"]Don't forget that orders for Entrant Shirts close on 8th April - however if you get your entry to us by Thursday 14th we will still be able to get you an entrant shirt.

ENTERTAINMENT
Already some of our venues are filling, we expect Friday 10th June at the Indoor Sports Stadium (with The Rocking Eddie Band, Lonnie Lee & The Leemen, and The Rockin' Bodgies) to be the first sell out.  Saturday night at St Pauls School is also selling fast.
We have now listed almost all our entertainment online at http://www.wintersun.org.au/entertainment
and will contnue to update with any changes.

STREET PARADE
We still have plenty of room in our street parade, if you need help finding a truck send us an email and we will try to help.

ACCOMMODATION & TRAVEL
Good value accommodation is still available, Port Macquarie Visitors Centre is giving very good advice on accommodation options and is working closely with Wintersun. They can be contacted on 1300 303 155.

Countrylink have organised a special wintersun Rock 'n' Rail Train from Sydney. To reserve your seat contact Cameron on cameron.nicholls@railcorp.nsw.gov.au or phone 04 2792 6566. We also hope to have a Brisbane Service, Countrylink also has regular train services from both Brisbane and Sydney.

MERCHANDISE
Our web shop is now open for business with a great range of 2011 Wintersun cool fashion.

We are particularly pleased with our Jazz Hats and also our range of Classic Mints - a limited edition collection of mints in tins which salute our artists, in 2011 we start with Digger Revell, Alan Dale and Lonnie Lee who are not only fantastic rock & roll legends but also strong Wintersun regular artists and supporters. Could be worth a fortune in a few years!

FUN STUFF
Celebrations start at Wintersun Port Macquarie!!!
[img=600x849]http://newsletters.webefekts.com/admin/temp/newsletters/197/face%20of%20wintersun.jpg[/img]

SPONSORS and supporters

It is great to have two leading cruise companies on board!

[/align]

Offline mick

• Tri Powered
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 01:47:27 PM »
Just a reminder that entries have to be in before April 29th or you will have to pay a $20 Late fee which expires totally on the 13th of May.

Looking forward to seeing a few vettes.

:hammer:

mick
:drag:

Offline Camo

• Jethro is my nemesis
  • Administrator
  • Supercharged
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2011, 05:49:15 PM »
Welcome Wintersun Friends to the final Newsletter before the 2011 Festival starts in a couple of weeks time.  Below is an update on some highlights to look forward to.  But first we would like to send our thoughts and prayers to Nick Curran from the states who was due to headline at this years Wintersun Festival but to due having to undergo radical treatment for his cancer, will be unable to attend.  We wish Nick all the best for a speedy recovery and look forward to hearing him performing again real soon.  The fabulous Deke Dickerson is steppin in to do most of Nick's advertised events so we are certain you won't be disappointed.

Did you know that Wintersun Nostalgia Festival now has its own Facebook page? Click Here and like[/i] our page to be kept up dated:  
Wintersun has a new “tab” called “Vintage Alley” on the Website.  It’s full of awesome events and competitions - Click Here to check it out today.

The Market Place:  

•   Merchandise Stalls:  with many & varied stall holders coming to Port Mac you can be sure of a great shopping experience.  Vintage Lovers, Car Enthusiasts and more are catered for.  Not only is there shopping at the market place on Friday, Saturday & Sunday but it is also the place to be to participate or just watch the Cake Bake Competition which will be held in Stall No A5.  You can also get primped and preened for your night out at a couple of different stalls where the ladies will have their Vintage Hair salons Open..The Market Place is always a hype of activity so plan this on your itinerary after a lazy breakfast at one of the many fabulous restaurants Port Macquarie has on offer.

**NB:  Although almost full, there are still a few merchandise stall available so if you are interested then visit:  CLICK HERE TODAY to book your place...

•   Cruzin magazine is proud to partner up with Wintersun to bring world famous Kustom Kulture artist Max Grundy out for his second visit to Wintersun. Max will be making a special trip to Wintersun while en route to Germany from his home town of L.A , that is some serious detour! This will be a rare chance to meet Max in person and to purchase some of his art and merchandise direct from the man himself.
Max will be located in the marketplace along with the crew from Cruzin Magazine over the main weekend. Drop by, check it out and say Hi..

**Street Parade** - We still have plenty of room in our street parade, if you need help finding a truck send us an email and we will try to help.
 The Dance Floors:  

o   When searching & securing venues for this year’s Wintersun, The committee made sure the dance venues had the best of dance floors... you can be assured.   Of course we are not talking about the street but inside venues where there is a dance floor, you can be sure it’s a good one.  No need for Powder, hoppers or lux I hear ....

The Accommodation:
Very Central, Very Affordable and although starting to fill up, there are lots of options.. Suggest you visit:  FIND A PLACE TO STAY
Shake, Rattle and RAIL your way there from Sydney:  

Take a journey into the past with CountryLink offering daily services between Sydney and the Festival plus a special ‘Rock 'n' Rail’ train departing on Friday 10 June for the long weekend’s biggest Festival program. There will be live rock’n’roll entertainment onboard and dancing in the aisles as the memories of Elvis, Buddy Holly, the Big Bopper, Richie Valens and others come alive. The cost is $99 for return adults and only $1 for children under 15 travelling with a family member. On Monday 13 June, a tour bus will take rockers back to Sydney - a chance to sit back, relax and chat to other rock 'n' roll fans and tell stories of the weekend gone by.  Countrylink also have daily trains from Brisbane to Port Macquarie check QR Rail for days and times.
To register your interest for the CountryLink Rock 'n' Railer, e-mail us today; Cameron.Nicholls@railcorp.nsw.gov.au .

Some Highlights to look out for:

o   The Pretty Things Peep Show  –  First Time to Australia – Direct from New York and a First for Wintersun.. Don’t miss this live show with the best in sideshow, burlesque and vaudeville (5 June) - at The Glasshouse.

o   Rockabilly HQ (@ Port Panthers) will be smokin hot with the biggest entertainment line up in Australia.  Don’t bother trying to buy a ticket for one of two shows it will be too hard to pick, just buy the whole Special Pack for $100 and be done with it OR if you want to add your swing nights then get the Special Combined Pack for $140.  Too Many Acts to list here but check out the entertainment page for the full line up..  We have artists flying in from all over Australia and the World to put on fantastic shows for you.  

o   The 2011 Ultimate Elvis® Tribute Artist™ Contest – Australian heats to compete in Memphis (USA) during Elvis Week 2011 for the grand title and $25,000 in cash prizes (9,10,11 June). – Fully Booked for Contestants but still plenty of room for spectators – so Elvis Fans – Get your tickets today... Held @ The Glasshouse

o   Truly, Madly, Stylish – Australia’s premiere vintage stylist and model helps you navigate the pitfalls and passion of fifties fashion – A truly Unique Opportunity to learn from one of the best and an event not to be missed..  $15 and you’re on your way to a Truly Madly Stylish Wintersun - Booking through Wintersun Ticketing - (9 and 11 June) @ The Glasshouse.

o   The Lindy Charm School for Girls Workshop  – perfect your pin curls, refine your rolls and practice your pout with a vintage makeover just for the ladies - This class will seel out - Bookings through Miss Chrissy - Email: lindycharmschool@gmail.com[/email - (12 June) @ the Glasshouse.

o   Cake Bake Competition – get baking and present your most creative cake in your best vintage dress for this popular cake competition - Email Chrissy to enter your cake:  Email: email=lindycharmschool@gmail.com]lindycharmschool@gmail.com
(11 June). - Fabulous prizes sponsored by www.teaandtreasures.com.au

o   The Wintersun Vintage Fashion Parade – Not 1 but 2 parades:  see a bevvy of beauties strutting their vintage clothes, lingerie and swimming costumes plus wear your finest and walk the catwalk yourself following and be in the running for some fabulous prizes....(2pm both days - 11th on Prestone Records Rockabilly Stage at the Food for less Car Park and 12th June is at Glasshouse forecourt).

o   Car Events – Allocation for up to 1500 pre 1974 Hot Rods, Custom and Classic Cars expected with static displays and cruises.  We are still taking Car entries at the Qld Office up until Friday 27th May 2011, after which you will need to register at the local Port Mac Wintersun Office from Friday 3rd June which will be located at the Glasshouse Theatre main entrance.

o   Big Nights of Swing – The Wintersun Swing Rave (10 June) - St Pauls school and the Swing Sensation Ball (12 June) - Port Panthers Club with Loads of swing bands to keep you dancing all night.

o   Learn to Dance in an Hour?  It’s possible with the right dance instructors and that’s what we have at Wintersun... Great Dance Instructors.  The Dance Teaser Classes organised by Team Probyn have such a winning formula that they are constantly packing them in....  For as little $6 per class you learn from some of the best dance instructors in Australia and you get to try out so many dance styles.  Brush up on what you know or try something completely different... Indoor sports stadium - (Wed 8th, Thur 9th & Fri 10th).

o   The Best of Wintersun – a final display of dancing, car displays, food, drink, entertainment and concerts - Regional Sports Ground (13 June).

Hot off the Press:  Wintersun 2012 (25th B`day)
When: 1st to 11th June, 2012
Where: Coffs Harbour

That’s right kids, Wintersun can now confirm that we will be celebrating our 25th Birthday in Coff’s Harbour...  Start planning your annual holiday, it’s going to be one huge celebration....  

Further Information:
  Wintersun offers many free events. Ticketed events cost around $20 each. For the official Information Booklet go to www.wintersun.org.au. Ph: 1300 1 ELVIS
(1300 135 847)

For all Merchandise, Tickets and Entries from 3rd June onwards will be at the Wintersun Office at Port Macquarie which will be located at The Glass House Theatre - Main Entrance - www.glasshouse.org.au

**Please check our facebook page or the Wintersun Website Entertainment page for any updates & changes to line up.**

Offline mick

• Tri Powered
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2011, 03:18:52 PM »
went for cruise last night with about 30 or so locals with similar genre cars to mine and what a blast there are LOTS of car crazy people in town!!!!
:hammer:

Offline mick

• Tri Powered
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 05:13:36 PM »
all set for this HUGE weekend. For anyone that is up for the the Saturday show I have organised a bit of a convoy down to the CBD. Send me your phone number to michael.mclean8@bigpond.com and I will give you a call as where to meet up.

Mick

:drag:

Offline CC427

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2011, 06:32:12 PM »
Wintersun Pic's

Offline CC427

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2011, 06:40:27 PM »

:hammer:  :pepper: :bannana:  

all smiles here !!!!!!!

Offline mick

• Tri Powered
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2011, 09:40:23 PM »

Offline Camo

• Jethro is my nemesis
  • Administrator
  • Supercharged
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2011, 11:53:50 PM »
Top pics guys.  Keep them coming if you have them

Looks a bit wet there at one stage.  Did it effect the numbers?