Author Topic: 72 Coming to NSW soon... What and Where on Rego parts?  (Read 3058 times)

Offline bradmart

• Two Barrel
72 Coming to NSW soon... What and Where on Rego parts?
« on: October 21, 2010, 01:57:42 PM »
Hey guys,
After 4 years of pondering, i have a 72 in my possesion in the US. Its coming to Sydney in January. 4-spd ontario orange 350 that is currently undergoing a comprehensive motor rebuild in Las Vegas and will be sweet as pie when I pick it up again in a coupe of weeks.
Quick question - with regards to headlights, seatbelts, indicators etc for 1st time NSW rego of a LHD car; where do these parts come from locally, how much, and what exactly is required? I've been looking for the appropriate thread but cant get a definitive answer. Given im in the US for the next month are there any parts i can get here or do they all have to have some kind of ADR stamping?
Looking forward to getting involved next year!
Thanks
Brad

Offline Scott

• Tri Powered
  • Shed Dweller
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 05:51:15 PM »
Headlights and seatbelts you need to source from in australia.  Our headlights shine lower to the right, higher on the left.  US is opposite to this.

Seatbelts need the ADR tag.  Hemco are the ones to see about this, but they will need to know where things are mounted and lengths.

Tail lights, depends.  I know my 73 needs yellow indicators.  There is a thread in the elec. section.

Offline 69 DIRTY RAT

• Supercharged
    • http://www.ratpackmuscle.com/
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 09:38:16 PM »
I cant remember exactly what month but I think its on or after August 72 build date (you'll have to work out your build date) that you have to change the blinkers to orange. I managed to keep my red blinkers on my 72 Suburban! It will depend on the blue slip guy whether he is up to date with his knowledge? If he's adamant on changing them then you may have to, but you can get him to call the RTA to confirm that you wont have to change the tail lights! BUT if you do have to, then rewire the reverse light to be your blinkers then buy a orange globe so you dont have to cut up a lens!
http://ratpackmuscle.com/ SCARY TOUGH MUSCLECARS

69 540ci, 755HP 734FtLb RAT, 629rwhp

*I LUV MY '69 ZL-1 540ci VETTE, AND SO DOES YOUR GIRLFRIEND!                   

Offline sirfixalot

• Fuel Injected
  • Committee Member & Tech Adviser C3-C4
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 10:29:37 AM »
Headlight lenses are biased to left side of road for Aussie cars. The lense has the information cast into the front glass at the bottom from memory is has RH for Aussie cars.Holden Premier headlites ( 5 3/4") are a direct replacement for vet lights.You cant  turn them up side down or adjust them to the left as some people have tried.It is in the design of lense.
Basically what lights an Aussi car of the same vintage has is what you will have to have rego.
I can supply seat belts, bolts,brackets as required to suit as a direct bolt in  replacement for your car

Offline sirfixalot

• Fuel Injected
  • Committee Member & Tech Adviser C3-C4
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 10:48:26 AM »
Brad you have U2U