Restoration & Modification Projects > Restoration Projects

71 rebuild

<< < (14/162) > >>

wabco40:

--- Quote from: 69 DIRTY RAT link=topic=7864.msg1045938765#msg1045938765 ---Just be a bit careful with that tyre/spring bolt clearance! Years ago I had a blowout coming out of a driveway because of the tyre flex from side to side the bolt hit the tyre! I think I had more than 1\4in room?
--- End quote ---

Thanks Dirty Rat. What size rim and tyre are you using?

I am still considering different rear suspension options. I was looking at Speed Direct rear coilover kit but I am not sure how proven this product is. I have asked the question on US forums but had very little come back about it.
Brad.

69 DIRTY RAT:
I have 18in rims now but when it happened I had 15in 255/60s. If you have room to shorten that bolt then that maybe a solution?

wabco40:
I had my front grills chromed at a small shop in Bangkok. They did a reasonable job and as expected it was impossible for them to polish inside the squares.
The outer edges of the squares and the bottom and side edges came out good.
I plan on painting the inside of the squares and the inside bottom section as per factory. However I am unsure if I will paint them standard grey or body colour.

wabco40:
I have removed the engine to do some more work on it. Previously I turned the stub on the harmonic balancer down 6mm to retain pulley alignment when I fitted the crank trigger wheel. By doing this I also take a small amount on material off the counterweight to clear the timing cover.
I had decided to strip the engine down and have the rotating assembly re-balanced.
Also painted the block blue (chevy orange didn't match the colour of the car) and had Hogan's racing manifolds custom make a new EFI manifold for me.
The manifold is 8" from the chinawall to its highest point. This is about 1" less then the previous set-up I had. This will give me plenty of hood clearance even with the throttle body fitted.

87droptop:
thats an awsome job mate, well done

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version