Restoration & Modification Projects > Restoration Projects

71 rebuild

<< < (13/162) > >>

wabco40:

--- Quote from: Jethro link=topic=7864.msg1045938306#msg1045938306 ---
--- Quote from: wabco40 link=topic=7864.msg1045938300#msg1045938300 ---I have relocated the park brake bracket to the top of the trailing arms. I have also fitted a 1/2" (per side) shorter rear spring. With this set up I've got about 1/4" clearance between the end of the spring and rim and about the same clearance between the tyre and the front area of the frame kick up.
ket.com/albums/ff391/wabco40/IMG_3805.jpg[/IMG]
--- End quote ---

Hey Wabco, no replacement for perfection and I reckon you've got that looks a treat, buddy:luv::luv::luv::luv::luv:
--- End quote ---

Thanks Jethro,

Things are starting to come together now.

wabco40:
I have not managed to do much to the car in the last month or so due to work commitments.
However did manage to paint the side grills and rocker covers.

The raised edges where masked and then sprayed with primer and base colour. The masking was removed and the whole lot sprayed with a suitable clearcoat.

I wasn't sure how this would work however they look quite good. I would hate to do them again as the masking is a real pain.

demonx:
sh#t mate! They turned out awesome!

Jethro:
Steady hand on that tape work, looks smick:ado:

69 DIRTY RAT:
Just be a bit careful with that tyre/spring bolt clearance! Years ago I had a blowout coming out of a driveway because of the tyre flex from side to side the bolt hit the tyre! I think I had more than 1\4in room?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version