Restoration & Modification Projects > Restoration Projects

71 rebuild

<< < (9/162) > >>

wabco40:
The doors, T-tops, headlight covers and rear filler panel blocked and finished with 800 wet.

Painted and cleared.
The rear filler panel in the picture is an Ecklers replacement with the shaped ends to fill in the exhaust cutouts.
The quality of the part was crap. It was to narrow for the chrome number plate molding to fit and there where large gaps at each end. I ended up cutting it in half and then re-glassing it about 1/8" wider. It now fits good.

wabco40:
Some of the smaller parts painted and cleared.

demonx:

--- Quote from: wabco40 ---

I seperated the hinges for painting and reassembled with new pins and bushes.
--- End quote ---

Did you change the springs on the hinges? Also make sure you remember to lube up the spring rollers so they don't lock. I just used some spray lithium grease.

I've heard stories of old door springs snapping and tearing a hole out of the door skin with the explosive pressure.

If you haven't, for the sake of a few bucks its a good investment.

wabco40:

--- Quote from: demonx link=topic=7864.msg1045938114#msg1045938114 ---
--- Quote from: wabco40 ---

I seperated the hinges for painting and reassembled with new pins and bushes.
--- End quote ---

Did you change the springs on the hinges? Also make sure you remember to lube up the spring rollers so they don't lock. I just used some spray lithium grease.

I've heard stories of old door springs snapping and tearing a hole out of the door skin with the explosive pressure.

If you haven't, for the sake of a few bucks its a good investment.
--- End quote ---

Thanks demonx. Both springs are also new. I acturally had one missing from when I got the car so order two new springs with the pins/bushes.
I was going to remove them to paint the hinges but figured I would scratch the paint to much putting them back on.

Jethro:
I not it's not a yellow:bannana: but I realy Love that BLUE Buddy, looks so SMICK:pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version