Restoration & Modification Projects > Restoration Projects

71 rebuild

<< < (7/162) > >>

wabco40:
Had Hotrod Solutions in Memphis weld the injector bungs in and make up the fuel rails.

Sump welded onto original tank. -8 supply and -6 return. I going to reroute the hoses and secure them better.

wabco40:
Installing the new forward lighting and fibre optics harness. I also replaced the rear lighting, under dash, engine harness, fuse panel and bulkhead connector with Lectric limited replacements.
The 40 old existing harnesses and connectors had seen better days.
I made up the ECU harness using a Fast universal harness kit. It consist of ECU header plugs and the correct colour and gauge wires. They also supply a pack of GM weatherpack connectors. By making the harness this way it can be made to suit the vehicle and not trying to adapt an existing harness to work.

wabco40:
The owner was wondering why I was laughing when I took this picture!!!

wabco40:
Cutting the front door gaps and blocking to get flush. The rear gaps where set by shimming and adjusting the door hinges and shimming the body on the chassis.

Fitting the front grills. making sure they are parallel with the bumper. I bended the bottom side of the fenders so they match the grills better.

demonx:

--- Quote from: wabco40 ---

Fitting the front grills. making sure they are parallel with the bumper. I bended the bottom side of the fenders so they match the grills better.
--- End quote ---

You may find that when the headlight assembly is back in that you could have to move the bumperettes etc in the front as they interfere with the headlights moving parts and your headlight won't go down all the way.

Before I decided to paint my car I aligned all the front chrome and grills and the bumperettes making them appear tight etc only to discover there has to be space between them or the headlights cannot lower all the way.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version