Restoration & Modification Projects > Restoration Projects

71 rebuild

<< < (34/162) > >>

wabco40:

--- Quote from: Jethro link=topic=7864.msg1045943209#msg1045943209 ---
HEy Wabco :\

What was wrong with the Wilwood Dynalites ?
--- End quote ---

Nothing wrong with them if the vehicle was already licenced.

I am current getting my car ready for ADR inspection and engineers report for the modifications (steering, suspension etc).
The Dynalites are not a direct replacement and use a adopter plate between the caliper and original mounting. I figured it would be one less thing to worry about getting engineered. Also the hoses do not have any DOT approval markings required for the ADR inspection.
One thing about the Dynalites is that they do not protrude out past the wheel mounting surface of the rotor, so wheels that required spacers to clear original calipers should be ok with these.

wabco40:
I am rechecking the rotor (or more like the hub) runout.
With no shims there is up to 8 thou of runout at the rotor edge.
The right rear was the only one not requiring shimming as it came out at about 3 thou. The remainder required 2 - 4 thou brass shim stock under one stud to get them in spec.

craigh:
Nice brakes Brad

My brother in law has just fitted the same ones to his WRX.

He is very happy with them except he has a couple of Seeping bleeders.

Most of my hubs needed shims like yours to get the run out as low as possible.

Craig

wabco40:

--- Quote from: craigh link=topic=7864.msg1045943216#msg1045943216 ---Nice brakes Brad

My brother in law has just fitted the same ones to his WRX.

He is very happy with them except he has a couple of Seeping bleeders.

Most of my hubs needed shims like yours to get the run out as low as possible.

Craig
--- End quote ---

Thanks Craig,

I have fitted the new D8's and bleed the system. I still need to test and check for leaks.

I will be puting the Dynalite complete kit in the For sale section if anyone is interested.

wabco40:
I have finally found some time to do some more work on the car. However things seem to be going backwards at the moment.

I have been trying to get the top windshield moulding to sit flat on the glass as it tends to blow out where it curves around at the ends. The windshield is bonded about 7-8mm out from the pinchweld so it not a case of being set too deep. Also while I was removing the top moulding the clip release tool I was using caught the edge of the glass and cracked the screen:grr:

Another new windshield bonded in place however this time I blacked out the edges so the urethane is not visible. Also after much bending and twisting got the moulding to sit closer to the glass. Its still not perfect but will have to do.

I previously rebuilt the wiper door linkage.

The problem is when I went to install the wiper door unit the right wiper arm is hitting the underside of the door :banner:
I had replaced the wiper arms with later model arms that the vender said would fit. I think its another case of reproduction parts not fitting correctly.
The picture shows the repro (black) and the original arms. The repro arm has too much of a bend at the end causing blade to touch the left blade and not allowing the right blade to park low enough at the base of the screen. I check US forums and it seems even correct year reproduction arms have this problem. I plan on cleaning up and using my original wiper arms.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version