Bfit

wabco40:

--- Quote from: Bfit link=topic=7864.msg1045943317#msg1045943317 ---Wabco40
Do the D8 have dust seals on the pistons
Bfit

--- End quote ---

Hello Bob,
No dust seals.
I still have my original rebuilt calipers if there is any problems at the pits.
Brad

wabco40:
I have cleaned up and painted my original wiper arms. I have also transfered the plastic nozzles/hoses from the reproduction arms I had.
As my car is far from original I am not concerned about using the correct brass washer tubes.

wabco40:
I was going to take the car down to Perth last month for ECU tuning and engineers/ADR report however as usual I got stuck working (it was crap weather down there anyway).
I plan on taking it down now in early September.

I have got a few more things done. The roof panels are fitted and adjusted. The new seals are still a bit tight but as with the door seals they should compress over time.

The door glass is adjusted but still need to fit the panels.

I have fitted the wiper door linkage and  vacuum actuator.

The wiper door fitted and adjusted, all works well. The plunger is adjusted so it does not activate the wiper motor micro switch until the door is fully open. The vacuum valve under the right wiper arm linkage is then adjusted so the door will not close until the wiper arms are fully parked.
I decided to stay with the polished SS look on the lower mouldings. The corner mouldings are normally held in place with clips and a screw on the inside end, however I will use double sided moulding tape and the end screw to hold them in place.

BOSCHVETTE:
That vette is looking sweet, great work

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version