Restoration & Modification Projects > Restoration Projects

71 rebuild

<< < (32/162) > >>

craigh:
Getting close now Brad, will be amazing to get it on the road.

I have gone through a few of the wiper door valves as a lot seem to leak as well.

The trim is personal preference but I like it painted with just the edge bright.

Could not find a good close up but can see it here.

Either way will look great as the blue and chrome/polished metal go so well together.

wabco40:

--- Quote from: craigh link=topic=7864.msg1045942895#msg1045942895 ---Getting close now Brad, will be amazing to get it on the road.

I have gone through a few of the wiper door valves as a lot seem to leak as well.

The trim is personal preference but I like it painted with just the edge bright.

Could not find a good close up but can see it here.

Either way will look great as the blue and chrome/polished metal go so well together.
--- End quote ---

Thanks Craig,

Your pictures look great. I like the look of your painted trim but like you said the chrome/polished metal goes well with the blue.

I might polish them and see how they look on the completed car. If its a bit over the top then I will paint them just leaving the edge unpainted.

I hope this new wiper door vacuum valve is not going to have any leaking issues.
Brad

Jethro:

"The trim is personal preference but I like it painted with just the edge bright."

Ditto What Craig Said:grin:

wabco40:

--- Quote from: Jethro link=topic=7864.msg1045942898#msg1045942898 ---

"The trim is personal preference but I like it painted with just the edge bright."

Ditto What Craig Said:grin:[IMG].

The painted trim looks good Jethro. I'll most likely end up painting them.
For now I will keep them polished. I have been going through heaps of pictures I had taken on visits to Carlisle. There a quite a few 68-72's that have the polished trim (most are painted), however I am not sure if I like the look or not:huh:

Another thing I have been having dramas with is getting the top windscreen moulding to sit flat on the glass. The problem is where it bends around at the ends it tends to bow the trim up off the glass sightly. I have manage to get it reasonably close (but far from perfect). Looking at the pictures I've got it must be a common problem. May be one of those things I have to live with!!!
--- End quote ---

wabco40:
I picked a full set of Wilwood D8-4 calipers while they are on sale.
$849 US (+ $200 UPS shipping) for the front and rears, pads and DOT braided hoses.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version