Restoration & Modification Projects > Restoration Projects

71 rebuild

<< < (31/162) > >>

wabco40:

--- Quote from: craigh link=topic=7864.msg1045942651#msg1045942651 ---Ralph Moore Autoglass, thats great info, did not know about them.

Is the rear glass generic or does it have the proper markings. ?

Are you going to fit the rear glass to its frame yourself, if so what is the sealant used ?

Craig
--- End quote ---

Hello Craig,
The rear glass is 3mm green tempered with approval markings as per original.
I have already removed the old glass from the frame. There are two screws in the bottom corners, I then lightly tapped the frame from the glass with a block of wood and mallet. Ralph said to put rubber strips around the edge of the glass to centre it in the frame then fill the gap with grey silicon. The gap in the frame measures about 4.5mm so there's room to fill with sealant.

wabco40:
I plan on taking the car down to Perth in July for tuning, engineers report and rego.
That gives me 2 months to finish a lot of small jobs off.
The windscreen is being bonded in next weekend and then the last major item is fitting and adjusting the wiper door.

I have been double checking everything under the car. The front of the fabricated sump is deeper then stock, however there is still about 1/2" clearance from the rack.

Camo:
Me thinks you are going to have one hell of a beast there when it's finished :thumb:

wabco40:

--- Quote from: Admin link=topic=7864.msg1045942761#msg1045942761 ---Me thinks you are going to have one hell of a beast there when it's finished :thumb:
--- End quote ---

Thanks, Its starting to come along now.
First job after rego is replace the exhaust.

wabco40:
I have got the windscreen bonded in place. The left and right edges of the glass where not blacked out enough and the adhesive is visable. Its not to bad so it will stay like that for now.

I have mocked up the wiper door SS trim. I am unsure if I should paint it and leave the bead on the edge unpainted or polish the complete trim and fender trim pieces. I am leaning towards the polished SS look.

I managed to break one of the ports off the wiper door valve :grr:. Now I am waiting (again) for a replacement from the US.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version