Author Topic: The Dark Side  (Read 7139 times)

Offline david_moore

• Four Barrel
The Dark Side
« on: October 16, 2003, 06:27:32 PM »
Well Folks I've turned. That's right turned to the (as Brutus puts it) Dark Side. I am about to purchase a 1991 Corvette! Phark am I excited! Proud, tuff and very pleased with myself;27;35:{:{;35;27

Offline johnny86convert

• Four Barrel
The Dark Side
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2003, 08:46:22 AM »
Welcome  Dave  to  the  C4  SIDE  as a  previous  big  block  C3  Lad  it  will  be  nice  for  you  to  have  some  creature  comforts  LOLOLOLOLOLOL  hope  to  seeya  on  the  banked  track  at  LANG  LANG  next  easter  or  even  sooner  at  any  cruise  ;):0:0;););)

Offline 77CVT

• Fuel Injected
    • www.autobabes.com.au
The Dark Side
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2003, 08:46:31 AM »
Welcome to the latte set.

;--

Offline david_moore

• Four Barrel
The Dark Side
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2003, 06:29:24 PM »
Yup, altho it is not registered and needs to be painted I think it is a good buy. I am hoping to sell my '79 soon to finance paint and registration. It has recently been complianced so all the hard work has been done. As a matter of fact a good mate of mine, actually he is a real good mate of mine whom I have a lot of time for is letting me buy it from him for a real steal, he is a top bloke and to be honest i can't understand why he is letting it go so cheap. Anyway it is now mine!!! I have seen the whole conversion done and the electrics have been done by me, so I already know the car quite intimately!! Did I say I am excited?!!!!;laugh:{;laugh

Offline Brutus

• Fuel Injected
    • http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c3/brutus
The Dark Side
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2003, 06:59:00 AM »
Originally posted by david_moore
Did I say I am excited?!!!!;laugh:{;laugh

I think it showed just a little when you were here the other day somehow Dave.;laugh
BOB

THE C3 SHARK TANK - The best, first, and oldest site for owners of 1968 to 1982 Corvettes

Offline david_moore

• Four Barrel
The Dark Side
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2003, 08:45:28 PM »
My bank account is very unexciting at the moment, but even that cannot take the smile of my face!:22

Offline Brutus

• Fuel Injected
The Dark Side
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2003, 09:01:22 PM »
Dave...Sounds like I'd better find some more electrical work for you to help pay for the C4.:22
BOB

THE C3 SHARK TANK - The best, first, and oldest site for owners of 1968 to 1982 Corvettes

Offline david_moore

• Four Barrel
The Dark Side
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2003, 09:11:27 PM »
I've got a bit lined up, and always happy to help you Mate!:22

Offline Brutus

• Fuel Injected
The Dark Side
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2003, 09:19:47 PM »
Dave...When you're ready to paint let me know so I can give you a hand with the preparations. I've become a bit of a dab hand with sandpaper since owning a Corvette.:b2

Bob
BOB

Offline david_moore

• Four Barrel
The Dark Side
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2003, 09:25:09 PM »
Actually it is pretty much ready for colour, as I have sanded and primed it. Just have to touch up the primer in a few spots where It has been sanded through. It was a metalic red colour which I am not too enthusiastic about, but figure to keep it the same colour. What ya reckon?;ay

Offline Brutus

• Fuel Injected
The Dark Side
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2003, 09:48:24 PM »
Without seeing the original colour or the condition of the body it's hard to form any osort of opinon on the final colour, but all I can say is that now is the time to make the change if you've any idea that you like another hue.

Bob
BOB

Offline johnny86convert

• Four Barrel
The Dark Side
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2003, 04:36:46 PM »
bob,  didn't  the  seekers  have a  song  called  "  I  know  I'll  never  find  another  hue"     lololol  sorry  mate  couldn't  help  myself  heheheh  ;););););)  make  up  your  mind  now  dave  or  forever  hold  your  peas!!

Offline david_moore

• Four Barrel
The Dark Side
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2003, 09:11:56 PM »
It is not so much I don't like the colour, it is that it is a metallic colour. I would paint it myself but as an amature plain colours are easy (so I believe) but metallic colours one must have a high degree of spray painting prowess. :b4 I need a bit of coaxing to be more confident with a metallic colour. The old "Ghost in the Machine" has got me again!