Author Topic: C2 Corvette RHD conversion  (Read 7239 times)

Offline uniglassinc

C2 Corvette RHD conversion
« on: December 19, 2009, 07:56:20 PM »
2 Corvette RHD conversion

Hi I am new to this, so need some help. I do not live in Australia, so I can't just pop in to a conversion shop to get this done. I have a 1964 Corvette Roadster and wish to convert over to RHD. The problem is... I live in Thailand, the car is here. If anyone out there has any pictures of a conversion or advice to help, this would be greatly appreciated. I should add, I have restored several 'Vettes over the years, but never attempted a RHD conversion. I guess I could do like some people and just start, but if I could get some helpful advice, I would be so grateful.
Thanx,
JR

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
  • Car: 1970 454 Manual
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 09:51:48 PM »
Seems a pity to convert a C2 these days. Do you really have to convert it? Is it a legal requirement or just a personal preference?
It's C3 chromie for me, see? Si!

Offline demonx

• Fuel Injected
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 09:24:40 AM »
Unless you HAVE to legally - I would leave it left hook.

As far as the conversion - I'm no expert by any means but I can tell you it will need a replacement steering box, I'm pretty sure all the linkages etc get replaced also. Would be a pain in the butt realigning all the brake/clutch pedals etc so they are right. I think the dash part would be the easiest in a C2.

Lot more work than it seems at first.