Author Topic: April 10 - Interclub kart challenge - CE038  (Read 2953 times)

Offline vet71y

• Four Barrel
April 10 - Interclub kart challenge - CE038
« on: December 17, 2009, 02:05:05 PM »
Hi all
Gary Nelson has been working with the HSV club for a interclub go-kart challenge to be held on Saturday the 10th of April 2010 at Picton Karting track. The event would be a mini GP with 15min warm up, 15min heat and 15min final with a break between each 15 min session. there is a maximum of 20 karts on track so 10 from each club. Cost would be around $135 including BBQ lunch supplied by the HSV club.
We need to get numbers  as soon as possible so we can secure a booking.
For further information or to reserve your place in what should be a fun filled race day:

contact Gary Nelson 0409 098699:drool:

Offline 72vet

• Supercharged
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 04:54:22 PM »
Update Guys,

The HSV Club have booked the event, 10th April 2010, racing from 12 noon to 2.30pm .

It will be a Mini GP event.  (max 10 drivers per club) Entry forms will be available from the web site at the end of January, so get in early to reserve your seat.
There will also be a Sprint Challenge for the ladies, if there's enough interest.
It's recommended that we arrive around 10:00 for registration along with some socializing and sussing out the opposition prior to kicking some HSV arse. :smirk:

BBQ lunch has been arranged for after the event .

If you're not interested in participating in the track event why not come along and cheer on Team Corvette. :bannana: :pepper:

For more info

Contact -  "Stig Nelson" AKA Gary N 0409 098 699

CLICK ME to see my albums.

Offline VETTENUT

• Fuel Injected
  • Mood: Absolutely fantastic
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 12:23:58 PM »
:drag::drag:
Hi guys,

The cost of kicking some HSV butt ( the pretend Chevs ) in the 10 drivers per team Mini GP is $135 including BBQ lunch. :ral:
For those not participating in this GP, a Sprint Challenge event open to everyone including the ladies and kids over 14 with parent's signed consent, is $90 including lunch.

For the cheer squad and others just coming for a day out with the 'vette, lunch only is $15 for adults and $5 only for kids.
Lunch will consist of a BBQ with steak and sausages and salads and soft drink. You are welcome to bring the esky with other beverages, but as with all motor sports events, no alcohol can be consumed untill after the events. HSV club will provide the BBQ as they do at their supersprints throughout the year.

I hope to have entry forms available on this thread soon, and would like to finalise numbers and entries etc at our next club meeting on Feb 9th. As HSV Club has paid a deposit for the track hire, we will need to finalise entries and get some entry fees in by Feb 9th.

The event date by the way, is the Saturday of the weekend following Easter 2010. This allows the following day for everyone to recover before going back to work on Monday.

This will be a great opportunity to showcase our 'Vettes, be a part of our support cheer squad, and let the HSV guys see the real origins of their cars. Since 1999 I believe, HSVs have been running Chev LS1, LS2, LS3 and LS7 (Walkinshaw) engines. They have also recently fitted magnetic ride control, and from the ZR1 the latest HSVs have launch control. WHERE DID THEY GET IT????? = Corvettes!!! :ado::beer:

If Boshvet and madvet from Canberra are tuned in to this thread, we would love to have you on the team. Please give me a call.

Now living the dream in God's country!

Offline 72vet

• Supercharged
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 07:20:39 AM »

Offline VETTENUT

• Fuel Injected
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 02:29:25 PM »
With this event being only about five weeks away, we need to finalise some entries. I have had a good number of enquiries, and many club members wishing to be a part of this day. However your seat is not guaranteed until your entry form and the applicable entry fee is received. :hammer:
So to all you budding open wheeler HSV ar%e kicking superstars, SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!!!!!
It would be nice of you to get your entries (including those for lunch only) to me at tomorrow night's
monthly meeting, or at Bella Vista next Sunday.:drag:
Gary

Offline Shane Finn

• Four Barrel
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 06:31:03 PM »
Gary I am definitiely a starter for the Karts. I am back in Australia next week and will fill out the paperwork and send it off.
2001 Z06, Torch Red

Offline 72vet

• Supercharged
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 08:32:29 AM »

Offline VETTENUT

• Fuel Injected
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 05:53:05 PM »
Hi Guys and Gals,
:drag:the karting challenge is now only a few days away, and both clubs have around ten to twelve starters each, about half of whom will be in the mini GP, and the rest in the sprint challenge.

We have to be at the Picton circuit at 11am to sign on, suit up etc. We will meet at Uncle Leo's service station at the Crossroads at Liverpool at 10:15 am for a 10:30 departure, and cruise down to the Picton turnoff south of Campbelltown on the Hume Hwy.

If anyone wishes to join us at the Picton turnoff at around 10:45am, we'll see you there to join the convoy.

For any late entrants wishing to be a part of this inaugural annual inter-club challenge, we have room for more entries, so bring your wallet with you and you can pay on the day.:ado:

If you have any questions at all give me a :call:. 0409 098 699

Gary

Offline 72vet

• Supercharged
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 08:00:46 AM »
:cool:  Seeya at Uncle Leo's

Offline VETTENUT

• Fuel Injected
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2010, 08:16:04 AM »
:drool: Tomorrow Saturday  folks!!!!!!!
See you at Uncle Leo's

:pepper::bannana:

Offline VETTENUT

• Fuel Injected
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2010, 06:28:41 PM »

:pepper::bannana:WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!

NSW CORVETTES GRINDS HSV OWNERS INTO THE BITUMEN AT PICTON GO KART TRACK!!!!!!![/size]

The inaugural interclub karting day has been run and won. Congratulations to all Corvette Club members who contributed today to winning both the sprint challenge and the mini grand prix events.

The interclub trophy has been carried home by the Corvetters, and will take pride of place in our meeting room for the next twelve months.

In the main event, the mini grand prix, Warryn Stenning was victorious for our club.

Well done all!!:ado::beer:

Click Here for more Pics