Author Topic: Front suspension update and rebuild article.  (Read 3809 times)

Offline Brutus

• Fuel Injected
    • http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c3/brutus
Front suspension update and rebuild article.
« on: September 12, 2003, 02:43:48 PM »
Here's another article on front suspension rebuilding. This one uses Vette Brakes' tubular upper control arm. I put them into my 77 about a year ago. Just waiting to get the lower set next with the front mono fibreglass spring.
BOB

THE C3 SHARK TANK - The best, first, and oldest site for owners of 1968 to 1982 Corvettes

Offline david_moore

• Four Barrel
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2003, 07:53:59 PM »
Took my Corvette out to get a nice Pink slip the other day. It did all the things the nice man asked. While up on the hoist the nice man pointed at a few bits.
"This is the third time you've brought this Corvette to see me" He said sternly.
I did not like his tone of voice and nor dare I say it did my Corvette. That's right my Corvette has now been registered for 2 years and looking for a third year since the RHD conversion. The nice man said he had pointed to said bits last year and the year before and was now busy pulling daggy bits of rubber from the front suspension bushes! "How dare you neglect such a wonderful car, get the front suspension fixed!"
Owww ... that hurt!!
"Stop it" I stammered. The nice man was ofcourse right!
So on the back burner goes the new aluminium heads, upper inners and lower inners and ball joints needed!

Offline Brutus

• Fuel Injected
    • http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c3/brutus
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2003, 08:45:35 AM »
Dave...I've got a complete set of spare front end rubber bushes with sleeves as well as ball joint/tie rod covers too if you're interested.
Good to see you back here too btw. I'll catch up with you at Fox.
BOB

THE C3 SHARK TANK - The best, first, and oldest site for owners of 1968 to 1982 Corvettes