Author Topic: Leadfoot Challenge  (Read 4882 times)

Offline 72vet

• Supercharged
Leadfoot Challenge
« on: July 22, 2009, 07:21:10 PM »

Once again the Inter club challenge is on for all the revheads.

Hosted by Corvettes of Melbourne Inc.

The track is booked for Saturday the 14th  

Track entry: Includes one car and up to two drivers   $180.00
Winton Licenses (AACA)  $50 per person
Lunch at Race track        $15 per person

Presentation dinner on Saturday night - $30 per person

Accommodation: Gateway Motel (2 night’s compulsory stay).  $125 per night for a double

There are 30 rooms on hold, but once these are gone it’s up to you to find local accommodation.

29-37 Ryley Street Wangaratta, Victoria
Phone:  (03) 5721 8399

For all the information, including Registration forms etc

Click "HERE"

CLICK ME to see my albums.

Offline ddd

Leadfoot Challenge
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 12:52:07 PM »
 I am down to a 1.39.06 best at Winton.  Judging by Wakefield last November there is a potential for some quicker cars this year.
Are we going to see the usual array of Zo6's from NSW to try for FTD at Winton?  Will Rob from the ACT come down and blow us all away?  Can Victoria retain the trophy?
Bring it on!

Offline BOSCHVETTE

• Tri Powered
Leadfoot Challenge
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 10:06:27 PM »
Originally posted by dd
 I am down to a 1.39.06 best at Winton.  Judging by Wakefield last November there is a potential for some quicker cars this year.
Are we going to see the usual array of Zo6's from NSW to try for FTD at Winton?  Will Rob from the ACT come down and blow us all away?  Can Victoria retain the trophy?
Bring it on!

1.39 did they measure that with a calendar ;41you will have to do better than that to win the lead foot,i think madvet will do that with a pitstop.
looks like us canberra boys will have to make room for the trophy on the way home.;);)
;54;54;54;54
New toy about to breath life and we will have a strangle hold on the leadfoot forever 850hp 1150kg Australian sports sedan series here we come.
Z06 sports sedan about to be semi retired.
Old C4 weapon now retired to the garage
450 RWHP WITH MORE TORQUE THAN MUNDINE
BUT IT LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE BOUGHT A BAG OF ROCKS TO A GUN FIGHT.....

Offline C4ever

Leadfoot Challenge
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 08:32:16 PM »
I haven't been able to convince my wife that I wouldn't be talking about racing 95% of the time. So she is not joining me. My question is, if anyone wants to share accommodation in Wangaratta for the Winton races in November? Doesn't have to get intimate.;36

Offline 72vet

• Supercharged
Leadfoot Challenge
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 07:14:46 PM »
Originally posted by C4ever
I haven't been able to convince my wife that I wouldn't be talking about racing 95% of the time. So she is not joining me. My question is, if anyone wants to share accommodation in Wangaratta for the Winton races in November? Doesn't have to get intimate.;36

Offline VETTENUT

• Fuel Injected
  • Mood: Absolutely fantastic
Leadfoot Challenge
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 06:11:28 PM »
;54;54
Just bumping this up guys.
If you are intending to travel down to Winton, this is a reminder that your entry is due in to the Victorian organisers by 30th September. (mine's in the mail :22) If you would like to join me in a convoy travelling down on the Friday morning, please let me know and we'll organise times and meeting places etc.
I believe we will have 2 or 3 ZO6's and a C4 or two at this stage - should be enough to shake the trophy out of their hands;35
Gary
Now living the dream in God's country!

Offline 72vet

• Supercharged
Leadfoot Challenge
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2009, 06:32:56 PM »
Received this from Darren. Anymore takers?

Just a friendly reminder that the 2009 Leadfoot Challenge Weekend entries are closing this week.  We are only a few entrants short of ensuring this event goes ahead, so please support this event and get your entry in to ensure you get to support and participate in this great event.  We do have a few non Corvettes participating, but the field is mainly made up of a variety of Corvettes from stock road toys to modified track beasts.  So it should be a great day out for all to have some fun in a safe environment and get to see a field of great cars on the track. Weekend entries are closing this week.  We are only a few entrants short of ensuring this event goes ahead, so please support this event and get your entry in to ensure you get to support and participate in this great event.  We do have a few non Corvettes participating, but the field is mainly made up of a variety of Corvettes from stock road toys to modified track beasts.  So it should be a great day out for all to have some fun in a safe environment and get to see a field of great cars on the track.  

Remember for those looking for a marvelous weekend encompassing everything about why it’s great to own a Vette – then here it is!  We start off with a nice cruise to Wangaratta (200kms from Melbourne, 400kms from Canberra and 600kms from Sydney) where a few drinks may be consumed during a night of catching up with old friends and making new ones! Then dawn breaks on Saturday morning and we head to the famous Winton Motor Raceway for some fun. The day offers the chance to try out your toy on a safe environment without the flashing lights, up to a speed where you feel comfortable.  The morning will involve some track time (not door to door racing) with the evening involving some other activities including drags, sprints, go to whoa, autokhana etc - whatever we can fit in.

And don't forget the Brown Brothers food and wine festival also on that weekend as an extra excuse to be there!

Rooms are virtually all filled up, so get in fast and please ensure your entries are in ASAP (closes this week) to ensure we can go ahead with this event.  More details included in the entry form which is attached!

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call me on 0405 006 007 and please forward this on to any others who may be interested and suitable for this event.

Cheers, Darren.

Offline 72vet

• Supercharged
Leadfoot Challenge
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2009, 06:14:05 AM »

Offline 72vet

• Supercharged
Leadfoot Challenge
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2009, 05:56:46 PM »
So how was it guys, who has the bragging rights for 09. :devil:

Offline VETTENUT

• Fuel Injected
  • Mood: Absolutely fantastic
Leadfoot Challenge
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 08:58:36 PM »
:tear::tear: Sorry to report that Corvettes of Melbourne have retained the bragging rights for another year, despite NSW Corvettes giving them a bit of a rattling!!
In the supersprint category, Victorian David Langmead in his 1986 black roadster stroker was in a class of his own on his home track. Yours truly in the killer custard yellow ZO6 held down 2nd place until the last session when Vic's Darren Pelacchi in the AC Delco '89 special posted his best for the day, beating my best by around 0.4 of a second. I'm particularly pleased with this result, as I had never seen this track until saturday. Our other Zo6 pilot, Shane Finn, finished fourth only another 0.4 seconds back. Fifth was a visitor from Canberra in a Ford GT40, followed by Joe Boschert from Canberra in his beautiful C4 ZR1. Our own Les Kernia aquitted himself well with a 19th overall in the pristine green C4. A total of 33 starters lined up for this annual interclub event, with just 3 from NSW, 3 from Canberra, and 27 from Vic.
In the slalom event, Shane Finn took the honours, as he did again in the go-to-whoa event. Congratulations Shane on a great driving exhibition.
The 300 meter drag was won by a Victorian C3 chrome bumper big block that absolutely blitzed all comers to take the prize.
Despite it being a very hot mid 30's day at Winton, there were no major casualties of either humans or cars, and everyone had a great time. The cool down at the motel later, with a swim and an ale or two was very enjoyable, as was the dinner and presentation that night.
Melbourne club president Darren Pelacchi, vice president Greg Webster, and all of their committee and members did a great job in organising this event, and were great hosts to their interstate visitors. The Melbourne club has only around 40 members, and 27 of those participated on the track on saturday, and they and their patners joined in the festivities on friday and saturday nights to make this a fabulous social club event.
It was disappointing to be one of only 3 NSW participants, as this event is not just for the quick but for drivers and cars of all calibers to get involved in. I sincerely hope that we can put on a show in 2010 that rivals the club spirit and enthusiasm shown by our Victorian counterparts this weekend, and brings many more of our members and their Vettes out for the weekend. It would be a great challenge for our events coordinators and committee to orchestrate a weekend away at Wakefield next year to involve as many as possible of our club members, in what can be a beaut social weekend as well as enjoying our Vettes in the spirit of their heritage!! :soap::soap::huh:
PS. Les Kernya laid the longest rubber trails of the weekend in the go-to-whoa and the drags, demonstrating that even our Darling Harbour car of the show was bred to perform on Leadfoot Challenge Day!!
Thanks again to the Corvette Club of Melbourne for a terrific weekend:beer::ado:
Now living the dream in God's country!

Offline 72vet

• Supercharged
Leadfoot Challenge
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2009, 05:11:23 PM »
Time sheet results for the gymkhana, go to whoa, and drags