Author Topic: STOLEN...1928 FORD MODEL A TUDOR  (Read 3507 times)

Offline nifty

• Fuel Injected
STOLEN...1928 FORD MODEL A TUDOR
« on: June 21, 2009, 09:47:20 AM »

It was stolen last weekend from their hotel carpark on the Gold Coast. They were down the for the Wintersun Festival.
The car was in a secure underground carpark, blocked in by two other cars (the Mustang was moved to get the car out)
It's a 1928 Ford Model A Tudor, Bright Orange, Open Engine etc,

REGO: THRSTY

Please....... If the car is seen anywhere can you contact the police!!! It has taken years and years and years to restore. Has only been finished and on the road for 12months!

Offline bootlegger

• Tri Powered
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 08:39:06 AM »
Thats just terrible. They must have really wanted it. Im guessing its in a thousand pieces by now. Bloody lowlifes I dont know how they can live with themselves.

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
  • Car: 1970 454 Manual
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 12:11:51 PM »
A pattern is emerging. A number of hot rods were stolen at Wintersun in 2008. Apparently thieves spot the cars at the show or around town and then follow the owner back to their hotel, from where they steal the vehicle.
It's C3 chromie for me, see? Si!

Offline nifty

• Fuel Injected
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 05:06:23 PM »
even stripped, hotrod parts will be hard to get rid off...stuff like engines etc etc are pretty easy, BUT on a hotrod of this calibre, where EVERYTHING is smoothed, ground, polished or painted, it becomes harder... the thing is with hot rodders, they love their cars more than vette guys..... its a massive cummunity where if something is for sale, it will be checked out by a rodder,and is a bit suss.... will be reported to the police..
thats the way rodders are...
they dont buy it, they make it...and if its made, it can be identified....
im guessing it will be found, somewhere,untouched and hidden...OR it will have gone in a container and out of the country by now.
the only thing i ca see on that car that will be easy to offload, is the wheels and tyres... everything else is distinct to that car.

Offline bootlegger

• Tri Powered
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 05:25:43 PM »
Originally posted by gtc
A pattern is emerging. A number of hot rods were stolen at Wintersun in 2008. Apparently thieves spot the cars at the show or around town and then follow the owner back to their hotel, from where they steal the vehicle.

Thats why I never go on any runs that involve overnight stays. Ive got a hack for that.

Offline bootlegger

• Tri Powered
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 09:01:34 PM »
I just read an article in Australian Muscle car about all the cars stolen at Wintersun. These were professional thieves. Its terrible what some people will do.

Offline MADLT1

• Supercharged
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 02:39:52 PM »
thats really bad news and i feel for the owner,i hope there is good news soon that the car is retrieved