Author Topic: Historic Rego  (Read 5932 times)

Offline Sting 69

• Four Barrel
Historic Rego
« on: June 18, 2009, 01:09:36 PM »
Hey guys,
Got the vette out the other weekend. First chance with all the rain. Gave her a wash and went for a run out to the mines near me. Took some pics of the beast at the front of the Oakdale mine front gates.

[IMG=700x525]http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm118/hotvette/102_0241.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG=700x525]http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm118/hotvette/102_0239.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG=700x525]http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm118/hotvette/102_0238.jpg[/IMG]

Offline WARFARIN

• Four Barrel
Historic Rego
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 08:34:00 PM »
Sting 69,
Do yourself a favour and get some rego! Historic would be better than nothing!

Would hate to see a fine example sold off to cover a damages claim!!

It only takes one %$@!wit, and right or wrong, you being without rego are the guilty party!

Maybe you are the local cop? So no problem??

Looks nice!!

Offline Sting 69

• Four Barrel
Historic Rego
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 10:13:23 PM »
No WARFARIN I'm not the local cop but we don't have any around here. i took it up to a disused road. My mate owns the road. I have been looking into the rego and insurrance. Got a quote from NRMA the other day. They said $500 a year to insure it for $40k on a limited kms per year deal. About 9000kms. Not bad I thought.
    Do you know the price for historic rego? and how often can you take out the vehicle?

Offline Smithy007

• Two Barrel
Historic Rego
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 09:05:05 AM »
Have a look into Lumly Special Vehicles (LSV).  I insure mine for 3 days use a week and it cost me $350ish - no fixed klms.

Offline Sting 69

• Four Barrel
Historic Rego
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 09:10:01 AM »
Thanks Smithy007 I have seen Lumly advertised on one of my favourite shows Classic Resto's which airs on TVS. This is a community tv channel with some great shows. Lumly is a sponsor of the show. Cheers

Offline nifty

• Fuel Injected
Historic Rego
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 09:50:09 AM »
HAD MINE INSURED WITH LUMLEY..... 295 for agreed 30k, limited use, so i limited it to every day....

Offline nifty

• Fuel Injected
Historic Rego
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2009, 09:51:58 AM »
got to admit... i HAD to have a little chuckle to myself, when i saw smithy commenting ..
he knows what i mean.....

Offline Smithy007

• Two Barrel
Historic Rego
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2009, 12:54:46 PM »
;56;56;56

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
  • Car: 1970 454 Manual
Historic Rego
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2009, 01:53:25 PM »
Originally posted by Sting 69
Do you know the price for historic rego? and how often can you take out the vehicle?

For historic rego, you need to be a financial member of an RTA-recognized car club.

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/otherinformation/conditional_registration.html
It's C3 chromie for me, see? Si!

Offline Sting 69

• Four Barrel
Historic Rego
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2009, 09:23:25 PM »
My brother saw the pics of my car today. He still calls it the 'Big Green Giant' or asks how long the army has used corvettes as military vehicles. He hates green. He is a Ford man which I can appreciate as I like them to. He had an XY Zircon green and stripped it back for Electric Blue.
  Corvettes don't have alot of bling so that's why I want the big block bonnet and some stripes to make it more aggresive. Not sure on the colour stripes. perhaps silver or white or black with a fine red pinstripe. Any suggestions?
  It's all good.

Offline Steeler

• Four Barrel
Historic Rego
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2009, 10:45:35 AM »
Originally posted by gtc

For historic rego, you need to be a financial member of an RTA-recognized car club.

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/otherinformation/conditional_registration.html

I have just put my C2 on historic Rego, $88 includes Green slip (NSW), no stamp duty, or tax just $88, you do have to be a recognised car club member!
Rgds
Terry.;42

Offline MADLT1

• Supercharged
Historic Rego
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2009, 06:56:07 PM »
My brother saw the pics of my car today. He still calls it the 'Big Green Giant' or asks how long the army has used corvettes as military vehicles. He hates green. He is a Ford man which I can appreciate as I like them to. He had an XY Zircon green and stripped it back for Electric Blue.
  Corvettes don't have alot of bling so that's why I want the big block bonnet and some stripes to make it more aggresive. Not sure on the colour stripes. perhaps silver or white or black with a fine red pinstripe. Any suggestions?
  It's all good.
here is my big green giant:}it is brands hatch green,it is a LT1 so it comes standard with a big block hood and stripes,this could be the look you are after?

Offline Sting 69

• Four Barrel
Historic Rego
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2009, 10:48:36 PM »
Thanks MADLT1 I have definately considered this option, but I want more. I think I'll have to get to a show and look at some more cars. I want to give it that race car look without the flared guards. I'm also going to fit a set of 5 spoke US Racing wheels, deep dish with silver centres. Was considering side pipes but I don't want to fatten the car up in the middle at all. Just keep that coke bottle shape.