Author Topic: Race Day VIDEO  (Read 3559 times)

Offline BADVET

• Two Barrel
  • Account suspended contact admin
Race Day VIDEO
« on: May 05, 2009, 09:04:30 PM »
[img=700x229]http://www.wsid.com.au/2k9-images/r1-3.jpg[/img]

Hi

We are going to this event on Saturday and thought we would let you know about it.  It's simple, you enter your car to drag other cars down the Quarter Mile stretch.  if we get enough numbers together then we can race each other.  Maybe put the C1's C2. etc against one another.  If you just want to go and race anything (like I am) then come along and have some fun.

Let's meet at the M4 Mac Donalds at 12:15 leaving for Eastern Creek at 12:30.  Or meet at the event.

Information below.

Legal drag racing and burnouts for street registered vehicles only.
EVENT INFORMATION
Competitors - $50
Spectators - $20
Kids under 12 FREE!

Competitor gates open - 12pm
Racing from 2pm - 10pm

Spectator gates open 1pm
Competitor Entry – Ferrers Rd, Eastern Creek

Spectator Entry – Spectator Gate

PH – 9421 0700

Offline reserved

• Four Barrel
Race Day VIDEO
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 12:09:58 AM »
;53

I would have loved to go if there was a bit more notice.
Maybe plan for one of these days in a couple of months time so as others can keep the day free to attend.

;42

Offline BADVET

• Two Barrel
Race Day VIDEO
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 01:10:06 PM »
Hi,

Yes I know it was short notice and not really planned. It was a last minute thing for us as well and I just thought I would post it just in case anyone wanted to have some fun. It should be a good event. They have these special Saturday runs ever so often. They are telling me about 300 cars will show up on Saturday. We are just going to have a few runs against the next guy. Don't really care if I get done or not I just want to see what the vette will do in the Quarter. I will be filming it with two video cameras and will post up the final product next week for all to see. I am HOPING that at least a few of you guys/girls will show up on Sat....what's the point of owning a car like the vette and not giving it a real squirt?....Ha Ha. It should be a good day!.....

We are wanting to plan another run day probably on a Wednesday night in about three weeks. I will be posting the invite soon.

oh and by the way...........BUMP!  
;41

Offline 72vet

• Supercharged
Race Day VIDEO
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 07:54:52 PM »
So how was the day  BADVET ;54
CLICK ME to see my albums.

Offline BADVET

• Two Barrel
Race Day VIDEO
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 02:12:19 PM »
Hi All!

Last Saturday I went to the Race Day at Eastern Creek to see what the Vette would do in the Quarter Mile.   This was my very first attempt at something like this so needless to say the adrenaline kicked in big time.  I was very happy with my first run posting at 13.8 sec.  I had 5 runs through the day with my worst time being 15.8 sec (bad start).  I got better as the day went and my last run was the best at 13.2.  There was an abundance of cars there from 9 sec monsters to 25 sec family cars all out for some fun.

I have posted a link for a video we took using two cameras, one at the pits and another in the stands.  I hope you enjoy (just click on the black box and wait for it to load) and I hope some of you might join us in a future event.  I look forward to any comments you might have.

Take care

Offline Camo

• Jethro is my nemesis
  • Administrator
  • Supercharged
  • Joe Pappas Missile Builder
  • Car: 77. 355 ci 400hp
Race Day VIDEO
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 11:22:19 PM »
Badvet you have a U2U message and email.  Please respond to it

Forum Administration
Time, The Predator That Stalks Us All

Black is not a colour, it's a life style

Offline mustangman

Race Day VIDEO
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 02:59:16 PM »
well done badvet good to see you put our race in there (2nd last race) my pony launches pretty hard and thats with a 2.40 first gear and 3.25 diff , my best for the day was a 12.9 couldn't get my pb of 12.8 but i was consistant 1st run of day 13.0 ,2nd 12.9 ,3rd  13.0 , 4th 12.9 5th ,13.0
cheers, oh i forgot red goes faster.;41

Offline BADVET

• Two Barrel
Race Day VIDEO
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 06:27:32 PM »
Hey glad you liked it "Pony Boy".....;laugh

I had to show our race because it was a very good one and I enjoyed it.  By the way, thanks for the lend of the Dandruff Helmet....;41

Next time I will have some Street slicks on (like you did) then let's see who gets to the flag first.

I need to get to Steve and have him give me that extra 100hp…then NEVER again will a Ford beat a Chevy…..;29