Author Topic: Where to buy fuel line?  (Read 8139 times)

Offline cosmicvette

• Four Barrel
Where to buy fuel line?
« on: December 18, 2008, 02:57:22 PM »
Hi Guys,

It has been a while. I am still around, have been a bit busy with non vette things.

I have been wanting to replace the rubber fuel line on my 1970 (the current line is getting a bit hard and perished).

The main line uses 5/8" and the return line and evap line use 7/16" and I cannot find either of these sizes anywhere.

I am on the north shore and have rung most places in Chatswood, Hornsby and brookvale with no luck. But obviously I am willing to travel to get what I need.

I am after about 2m of each size.

Cheers,
cosmic

Offline Cameron 77C3

• Supercharged
  • I use to live here
    • http://xtremecarzone.com.au/
Where to buy fuel line?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 03:22:20 PM »
Have you tried Scott (Chromie) at Corvette Alterations?.  He is at Deewhy.  His numer is on the banner at the bottom of your screen on this forum.

Cam
To see my picture galleryCLICK ME

Never underestimate PRISCILLA queen of the vette's
www.xcz.com.au

Offline demonx

• Fuel Injected
Where to buy fuel line?
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 03:35:20 PM »
When I went to collect up my 1970 from the un-packers, I put fuel in and discovered the fuel line was frigged.

I went to the closest garage with a sample and they cut some off a roll. Simple as that.

You should be able to get it anywhere!

Offline Chromie

• Tri Powered
    • www.corvette.net.au
Where to buy fuel line?
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 04:13:17 PM »
Originally posted by cosmicvette
Hi Guys,

It has been a while. I am still around, have been a bit busy with non vette things.

I have been wanting to replace the rubber fuel line on my 1970 (the current line is getting a bit hard and perished).

The main line uses 5/8" and the return line and evap line use 7/16" and I cannot find either of these sizes anywhere.

I am on the north shore and have rung most places in Chatswood, Hornsby and brookvale with no luck. But obviously I am willing to travel to get what I need.

I am after about 2m of each size.

Cheers,
cosmic

Hi Cosmic;42
The main fuel line is 3/8" bundy pipe and the return is 1/4"
bundy pipe, brake pipes and fuel pipes are measured by their "ID" not the "OD";ay

Offline cosmicvette

• Four Barrel
Where to buy fuel line?
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 11:51:56 PM »
Originally posted by Chromie
bundy pipe, brake pipes and fuel pipes are measured by their "ID" not the "OD";ay

Oh lol ;53 I didn't think it should have been that hard to get, I should have just gone into the auto shop with a sample.

Thanks ;42