Author Topic: ZR 1 production HALT  (Read 1861 times)

Offline yolo

• Two Barrel
ZR 1 production HALT
« on: October 14, 2008, 12:29:51 PM »
UPDATE: Rick Conti posts a follow up to his blog post (last night) about ZR1 Production Halt.

UPDATE: Whether production of the ZR1 model has been "cancelled", postponed, delayed, shelved (for a month, the rest of the model year, or forever) it is what it is (and GM decides it to be) and we'll all find out (hopefully) now that this discussion is out in the open.

Did we put this on the front page solely because of Rick Conti's blog post? No we did not. Yes, I did make a key phone call, who said the bullet points I gave sounded right based on what he's heard. I can't imagine what reason there would be for misleading me on this.

Just because we don't like what we are hearing, or seeing, doesn't mean it isn't accurate (or 85% accurate) in the end. I personally don't care what the future of this model is (because I can't afford it) but we put it to your attention on the front page for those that do care or have an order placed.

Back to the original post...

FACTS

1. ZR1 production will be halted, despite orders to fill.
2. No known production issues that warrant a production stop.
3. ZR1 orders in the system that had build weeks just a few days ago are now showing nothing.
4. There is no official word from GM yet. Key word, 'official'. But, there is 'word' and we are hearing it.
5. GM "needs cash" (article)

INFO COMING IN

1. Rumors of production stop started last week.
2. The ZR1 model itself may be on the chopping block, or has already been cancelled.
3. Major changes coming for Corvette production.
4. May just be cancelled for remainder of 2009 to boost Z06 sales, which are more profitable.

Stay tuned for more info, but also check RICK CONTI'S BLOG as we are waiting on official word from GM.

Offline Cameron 77C3

• Supercharged
  • I use to live here
    • http://xtremecarzone.com.au/
ZR 1 production HALT
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 10:31:11 PM »
Source:- http://www.autoblog.com

The rumormill is a funny thing, and sometimes it can run amok. This appears to be one of those times. The DigitalCorvettes.com forum posted a note earlier this evening saying that Corvette ZR1 production has been halted,
(Bowling Green is shut down this week, so no Vettes are being built at the moment) and suggesting that the ZR1
 may be cancelled. A post on dealer Rick "Corvette" Conti's blog, linked in the referenced DigitalCorvettes thread, added to the intrigue.

Autoblog has contacted GM's Terry Rhadigan, who handles global communications for the Chevrolet brand. We presented the DigitalCorvettes link and asked for an official response. His was very clear:

"Not true."

To see my picture galleryCLICK ME

Never underestimate PRISCILLA queen of the vette's
www.xcz.com.au

Offline MR 502

• Four Barrel
ZR 1 production HALT
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 06:27:24 PM »
;46
I read the same on corvette forum where it was found to be only a rumour ;48
Thank god for that!
YOLO are you coming to darling harbour this sunday?
Its open to all corvettes, member or not ;35