Author Topic: $9000US C5 Corvettes  (Read 2198 times)

Offline BOSCHVETTE

• Tri Powered
$9000US C5 Corvettes
« on: October 04, 2008, 10:37:27 AM »
A mate of mine is currently in the US on a holiday/work trip so he went to hire a car.Next door was a car yard with a C5 on the lot for about 12 grand which he said was a piece of junk,but it got him thinking that he might actually find a car that he could buy and drive around for the 8 weeks  he is there.
well to cut a long story short he has purchased a 1999 C5 manual coupe for $9000 it has 100,000 miles on it and it drives like new he said.He has put 2000 miles on it in 2 weeks and he has cancelled all his internal flights because he is having a blast driving his new toy from state to state.
The most unbelievable thing was that he said he found about 6 C5 under 10 grand that were bloody good cars.(this guy builds stretched limos for a living so he knows his stuff).
When he has finished his trip he is going to ship it back here and use it on track days.What a bloody cheap track car.
He said the trick to finding good cheap C5 is to stay away from the clubs and dealers/scouts and read the local papers he said there are heaps of them in there and they are owned by old men that dont know how to use the internet to sell them,they are also well looked after.
When i get some photos i will post them up.
Looks like i might have to chase myself up a new track car.
;46;46
cheers boschvette
New toy about to breath life and we will have a strangle hold on the leadfoot forever 850hp 1150kg Australian sports sedan series here we come.
Z06 sports sedan about to be semi retired.
Old C4 weapon now retired to the garage
450 RWHP WITH MORE TORQUE THAN MUNDINE
BUT IT LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE BOUGHT A BAG OF ROCKS TO A GUN FIGHT.....

Offline demonx

• Fuel Injected
$9000US C5 Corvettes
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 02:46:47 PM »
Yep - they are out there. It's a damn shame the conversions cost so much or I'd be driving one myself!

Offline 427ozVette

• Two Barrel
$9000US C5 Corvettes
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 03:43:00 PM »
A mate of mine just went over for Sturgis bike week who is a absolute Ford freek, but ended up hiring a C6 Corvette Convertible ( $2500usd -12days) and he had a absolute ball with it. Drove it coast to coast and thrashed it all the way. It got him nervous a few times.

At $9000 buy price it certainly does get you thinking about a cheapish track car thats built for the job. :-) You might be onto something!!!