Author Topic: Why is my aircon blower stuck on one speed ? (1988)  (Read 6980 times)

Offline Stingraynut

• Four Barrel
    • www.myvette.20m.com
Why is my aircon blower stuck on one speed ? (1988)
« on: July 16, 2003, 04:19:48 PM »
I now have my C68 climate control panel working, thanks to help from Corvetteforum.com. I was hoping that when I fixed the ‘colder’ button everything would be OK but unfortunately my blower still only goes one speed.

I’ve had some advice which said that it was the blower module. Before I order a new one I thought I’d check here one last time – has anyone had this ‘one speed’ problem and what was the cause ?

(also- I’ve looked in the catalogues and have found blower relay but not ‘module’ so where should I order one from ? In a perfect world someone here will respond and tell me there’s a Holden equivalent !)

S’nut

Offline Brutus

• Fuel Injected
    • http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c3/brutus
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2003, 08:15:08 PM »
Originally posted by Stingraynut
 In a perfect world someone here will respond and tell me there’s a Holden equivalent !)

S’nut

I'm sorry I can't help you out with your problem, but you're probably right in assuming that there is a Holden equivilant that would do the trick in your instance. Unfortunately we don't have any cross references between ours and theirs.:b2
BOB

THE C3 SHARK TANK - The best, first, and oldest site for owners of 1968 to 1982 Corvettes

Offline rebel

• Four Barrel
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2003, 11:18:26 PM »
Stingraynut,

If you can't find a Holden equiv, try J&D Corvette as they'd have a second hand one for you that may save you some cash.

Offline Stingraynut

• Four Barrel
    • www.myvette.20m.com
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2003, 11:57:36 PM »
Thanks for the replies – I also posted one last time on the Corvette Forum and was lucky enough to be given the answer – someone posted that if the fan was stuck on one speed it was very likely the 5 amp fuse on the firewall (not in the fuse box)

Of course it wasn’t on the firewall anymore after the RHD conversion but I found the elusive bugger – it was still easier to find than to go underneath the heater box.

And the fuse was BLOWN – YIPPEE…… I put a new fuse in and all 10 speeds are working.

It was about my fourth post on the subject at corvetteforum.com and I was reluctant to post again cos I suspect it is annoying to those that have already replied etc. I’m really glad I did, I wasn’t loooking forward to removing the module or ordering it from the US and making sure it was the correct part.

Now I need to find a similar but more powerful blower because this one is doing about half what I’ll need for the Cairns summer.

I’ll post that as a new topic  - there must be a Holden equivalent,must,must,must !!

EDITING HERE TO SAY – YES ! I DISCOVERED THAT A Holden WB BOLTS STRAIGHT ON.
S’nut

Offline 77CVT

• Fuel Injected
    • www.autobabes.com.au
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2003, 09:05:02 AM »
Maybe we should have a "Hints and Tips" page so we don't lose little gems like this!