Author Topic: C4 Seats in a C3  (Read 4196 times)

Offline TPI-383

• Two Barrel
C4 Seats in a C3
« on: June 06, 2008, 12:40:08 AM »
Has anyone tried fitting C4 seats to a C3. I am looking at options for my C3, tried aftermarket seats and dont like the fit.I thought C4 seats might be better and was wondering if they will fit a C3 floorpan.I don't mind minor mods such as brackets.
Tim

Offline 77CVT

• Fuel Injected
    • www.autobabes.com.au
C4 Seats in a C3
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 09:18:45 AM »
I put some in my old 77.  You need to use the old C3 rails and weld on some tabs to bolt the C4 seats to them.  Pretty easy job really.

They do sit a little higher but are way more comfy.

Offline Scott

• Tri Powered
  • Shed Dweller
C4 Seats in a C3
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 12:58:25 PM »
I've been looking into this also.  Search www.corvetteforum.com  There is a few pics of the rail mods required and a few pics of the seats in cars.  Also a discussion on head room as some seats sit a little higher.

Offline TPI-383

• Two Barrel
C4 Seats in a C3
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 07:17:10 PM »
Thanks for the info.Height seems to be the problem.I have the 80 mod seats with the plastic back and base and you sit low in them.I have a set of OBX seats from a previous project and with them in the vette sitting on the floor without rails you sit a fair bit higher,doesn't feel good sitting up high in a vette.Thought the C4 might be lower being they came from a similar height car but looks like GM lowered the floor pan a bit in the C4 where the seats mount.
Will have to see what else will fit.