Author Topic: C4 Homework  (Read 4839 times)

Offline andinista

C4 Homework
« on: April 28, 2008, 07:03:17 AM »
G'day all, I am looking for some advice re C4 Vettes, I am in the throes of doing a lot of due diligence on these cars, being a serious but wary buyer, and would appreciate some help. I have made some inquiries and done a lot of research, mainly on the web,  and something I have noticed is that some C4's once converted to RHD end up with the gear selector shaft offset to the left of the console. I am talking 6 speed manuals here, and as yet I have not had chance to have a look at one in the flesh, but wanted to pick your collective brains and see if it was an issue or not.
Is the offset a problem or is it something you get used to?
Thanks up front, and love the site, some awesome cars here and clearly some dedicated club members, hope to join you one day soon.

Cheers.

Offline MADVET

• Tri Powered
C4 Homework
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 08:44:26 AM »
The shifter on the left hand side of the console isn't a problem at all. In actual fact, as I am of a larger build I actually prefer it that way. It slightly opens up what is already a very cramped cockpit.
NOW WE'RE TORQUING!

Offline 87Z51

• Four Barrel
C4 Homework
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 10:56:51 PM »
The position of the shifter is  not a problem.
Of greater concern is the pedals relocated to what was the passenger footwell where room is tight.
In a manual conversion there is no room to move your foot sideways off the clutch so you drive with your foot resting on the pedal or underneath it.
PITA where you are shifting alot as in city driving.

Offline c5vette

• Four Barrel
    • www.mrpinball.com.au
C4 Homework
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 01:13:48 AM »
I had an Auto and there was no room  as it was

the RHD cockpit is cramped and the brake and clutch would be really small pedals
2020 C8 Z51 Sebring Orange Stingray, Launch Edition