Author Topic: deleted  (Read 5652 times)

Offline Panther

• Four Barrel
  • Car: Custom C5
deleted
« on: January 01, 2008, 08:04:23 AM »
you dont need a importer just have it sent to you, invoice or value must be declared anytax and duty will be collected from you

Offline Cameron 77C3

• Supercharged
  • I use to live here
    • http://xtremecarzone.com.au/
deleted
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 07:01:47 PM »
Mick I e-mailed them.

Reply Follows:-

"Dear Buyer:
We currently do not have agents in Australia, we will ship directly to Australia. Please kindly email us a list of the items that you're interested in getting, and we will give you a quote on price and shipping.

Thanks for your inquiry.

Hotzone Performance/CFR Performance
www.cfrperformance.com
The one stop shop and the right source to get you the right products"

For a quick link to their e-mail address CLICK ME
To see my picture galleryCLICK ME

Never underestimate PRISCILLA queen of the vette's
www.xcz.com.au

Offline daniel42au

• Four Barrel
    • members.ozemail.com.au/~daniel42au
deleted
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 07:34:17 PM »
Here is my 2 bobs worth of advice....

Remember that when importing 'stuff' by post or air freight that there is a $A1,000 limit before you are required to pay duty and GST.    http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page.cfm?u=5653  

I don't believe this generous limit applies for shipments by sea i.e. all container shipments are subject to duty and tax.

Re Shipping Costs.... if you don't like surprises on your credit card statement then get a quote from the supplier for shipping  costs.  For example, I once bought a couple of mufflers & pipes from the US and the shipping cost as much as the mufflers.  The Bad News was it cost $1,100.    The Good News was that I had 'em in 3 days  :-)

If you don't like the shipping quote ask about if they have alternative shipping modes ie the USPS tends to be cheaper than private shipping companies.    Also, you may not want to receive it  by Express Delivery (nor did I but I learnt).... :-)

For large items such as wheels, tyres, and engine blocks, talk to an Australian Auto Shipper (see Just Cars or Unique Cars Magazine) and arrange for them to slip/ship your item into their regular container.   Obviously, choose an Oz Shipper who has a delivery depot in your state capital.   Your US Retail Supplier just has to ship (the lower 48 States) to the LA connection(which is relatively cheap).   The Oz Shipper will tell you who in LA to send the stuff to. Be prepared to wait 6-8 weeks.... the boat will probably go via Pusan Korea.... if you know the container ID you can track it's progress on the Internet.

Finally, since I am talking about saving money,  if you are buying a lot of stuff on the internet then ask your bank what charges they hit you on your overseas credit card purchases(Or every day charges for that matter).   I don't usually give free plugs, but I picked up a credit card from Wizard with the following features:

No annual fee.
No fees for cash advances.
No fees for overseas purchases.
An annual percentage rate on purchases AND cash (unlike some other credit cards) of just 14.99%.†
4.99% p.a. interest for six months from account opening on balances transferred.#
Up to 55 days interest free.‡

http://www.wizard.com.au/creditcards/task.aspx?id=580

Errrr... and no bullsh.t Fly Buys or Rewards.

If you can find a better card than this then I'd be surprised.   Oh re their monthly payments, I pay via BPay from my Bank Account over the Internet.

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
  • Car: 1970 454 Manual
deleted
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 08:48:59 PM »
Originally posted by daniel42au

No annual fee.
No fees for cash advances.
No fees for overseas purchases.
An annual percentage rate on purchases AND cash (unlike some other credit cards) of just 14.99%.†
4.99% p.a. interest for six months from account opening on balances transferred.#
Up to 55 days interest free.‡

Assuming that -- like me -- you're a transactor (i.e. pays off entire balance each month), how do they make money on that deal? Where's the gotcha?
It's C3 chromie for me, see? Si!

Offline daniel42au

• Four Barrel
    • members.ozemail.com.au/~daniel42au
deleted
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 12:54:12 AM »
Where's the gotcha?  darn'ed if I know but I suspect that they are still making a profit :-)   I guess it is a case of horses for courses.   It is a plain and simple "old style" credit card.     As you point out, it wouldn't suit a person who enjoyed being in long-term debt or liked getting "Rewards" for parting with their money.     Because I like to buy over the internet and ocassionally travel, I was attracted to the  "No Fees for Overseas Purchases" feature.

A good site for comparing credit cards is http://www.cannex.com.au

Offline mick

• Tri Powered
deleted
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 08:38:21 AM »
thanks for all the imput guys im overwelmed.

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
  • Car: 1970 454 Manual
deleted
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 01:01:27 PM »
^ Neat!
It's C3 chromie for me, see? Si!