Author Topic: ... white early PF25 Gm Filter  (Read 5883 times)

Offline ozpont

• Four Barrel
... white early PF25 Gm Filter
« on: December 13, 2007, 10:23:04 PM »
Somebody from this site was after an original GM Oil Filter for a show car they were building.. original blue PF 25 GM USA oil filter.. (not current replacement).. whoever it was  (Barry..??).. if you still want one or two let me know.. we unearthed an original unopened GM carton of them today.

Offline MADLT1

• Supercharged
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 10:03:47 AM »
the oil filters for all engines are the spin on cartridge type,ac brand,modelpf-25.original filters have a white background with red ac logo and blue stripe lettering.we beleive oil filters were available in 1970 through to 1972 with embossing on the bottom reading..."best way to protect your engine-replace with ac type pf-25"there is strong evidence that un embossed filters were available at this time as well.current ac delco replacements pf 25 is dark blue with a paper tag describing model and instructions.the ncrs pionts system for this catagory works like this,assighn 100% of pionts to a white ac oil filter(with or with out embossing)deduct 70% of points for the current replacement ac filter (pf-25) deduct 91% of points for the current long ac filter (pf-35) deduct 100% of points for any non ac filter.

Offline jolinari

• Supercharged
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 11:36:59 AM »
Originally posted by MADLT1
the oil filters for all engines are the spin on cartridge type,ac brand,modelpf-25.original filters have a white background with red ac logo and blue stripe lettering.we beleive oil filters were available in 1970 through to 1972 with embossing on the bottom reading..."best way to protect your engine-replace with ac type pf-25"there is strong evidence that un embossed filters were available at this time as well.current ac delco replacements pf 25 is dark blue with a paper tag describing model and instructions.the ncrs pionts system for this catagory works like this,assighn 100% of pionts to a white ac oil filter(with or with out embossing)deduct 70% of points for the current replacement ac filter (pf-25) deduct 91% of points for the current long ac filter (pf-35) deduct 100% of points for any non ac filter.

;51 based on NCRS judging manual (chasis section page 96) :bold

Offline ozpont

• Four Barrel
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2007, 05:36:18 PM »

" the oil filters for all engines are the spin on cartridge type,ac brand,modelpf-25.original filters "
...Sorta interesting point... but I didn't say these were 35 year old date coded or detailed the way SOME were... I'm not saying they were/are 1970-72 original color stripped or tagged/ coded or NOS from that era etc..
    About a year back GM (USA) STOPPED supplying PF 25 oil filters.. they changed part #'s all together (not PF 35 either)  .. although correct in service.. they carry the new series tags and carry the NEW #'s.

Dark Blue NOS service labeled "PF 25"'s are currently going on ebay USA  now for  US$20-$35 inc delivery in the USA.. if anybody wants to look at them.. and white filters go there too for alot more etc etc  NO DISPUTE THERE AT ALL.
  You'd REALLY want to know your product packaging SO well.. to be able to say what is correct from what year and what motor/plant/ service era etc..
Heres SOME...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/80-1980-Corvette-Camaro-NOS-New-AC-GM-PF25-Oil-Filter_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ80737QQihZ021QQitemZ310007419545QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW#ebayphotohosting

I'm not offering them to everybody - we don't have enough and I also want many for my own cars too.. ....   to be honest.. just wanted to make contact with the  member who contacted me in a specific way etc..  as per the forum entry.... from memory they ran a mid 80's vette. The person was polite and needing help - specifically asked for this filter color and label... and So.. I'm trying to help him.;34

Offline MADLT1

• Supercharged
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2007, 06:39:57 PM »
no worrys ozpont,lets not get off on the wrong foot again;45this being a corvette forum i took the chance to enlighten some of our new corvette owners  on some of the finer points;34a matching numbers corvette go's further than the block,have a nice day.

Offline ozpont

• Four Barrel
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 06:22:01 PM »
..... heres whatsCLAIMED to be a '59 thru 71 GM filter..  for those that might need one or have not seen them. Does not have raised stamped lettering. Guess it would cost about A$40 if delivered somewhere in the USA. Mind you I know the early chevy's used the cartridge style filter.. so don't trust the dates.
      Has anybody got a link to the FULL "VISUAL"  RANGE of CORRECT for model.. GM  oil filters...- big block/ Small block, Chev, Pontiac/buick/olds/caddy etc ....??
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-Buick-GS-Pontiac-GTO-NOS-PF-24-oil-filter_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33661QQihZ014QQitemZ330199113461QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Offline MADLT1

• Supercharged
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 06:37:29 PM »
corvette america sell really nice ones for $33 us part #33633,i would imagine ecklers sell them as well,i have seen the originals go for about $80 us on ebay