Author Topic: Power window  (Read 6511 times)

Offline JP

• Four Barrel
Power window
« on: September 17, 2007, 07:27:31 PM »
The car is coming along fine. Nearly ready for engineer and rego. The problem I have and am hoping that some one can help is, the power windows need a helping hand to come up.
When I pulled the guts out of the doors, the window springs on both doors were broken. Before I start doing trial and error on the new spring tension I thought someone maybe able to help.
I have put the window mechanizum back together in this manner, if the window was all the way up the spring has about 30 deg preload, so as the window goes down the preload goes up. There should be more preload, but how much.

Thanks James
PS I have been a bit slack with the progress pics> I will put some up soon.

Offline mick

• Tri Powered
Power window
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 06:14:03 PM »
sorry Jp Ive got wind ups, if I could help I would. Im sure someone will come to your aid soon.

Mick

Offline Cameron 77C3

• Supercharged
  • I use to live here
    • http://xtremecarzone.com.au/
Power window
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 07:15:51 PM »
I'm checking my books but have not been able to find anything yet.  Will keep looking.

May be Chromie if he comes on line might be able to help out.
To see my picture galleryCLICK ME

Never underestimate PRISCILLA queen of the vette's
www.xcz.com.au

Offline Chromie

• Tri Powered
    • www.corvette.net.au
Power window
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 08:08:40 PM »
Hi Jp:x
There is only one way the spring will fit. it is a dangerous job and one slip could result in a nasty hand injury.;53
The regulator must be put in a vice(without the power window motor) then you fit the spring and wind the arms of the regulator around so that the power window motor will align up with the regulator teeth.
Once you have this position obtained you will find two holes that will align you insert a large bolt and nut through these holes (3/8" X 1"). This is to keep the requlator in position while you fit the power window motor. Once the motor has been fitted the bolt and nut can be removed.
It is also wise to remove any old grease from the window channels. If you are a tad mechanically minded it is also wise to deglase the power window motor as well
Hope this helps.:24

Offline JP

• Four Barrel
Power window
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 02:40:12 PM »
Chromie, that info is just what I needed, thanks alot. Now just to get the time, once this is done I'm of to get the engineers certificate.
Thanks again
James