Author Topic: 74 rear bumper  (Read 3949 times)

Offline nifty

• Fuel Injected
74 rear bumper
« on: August 23, 2007, 02:25:59 PM »
quick question.....buddy with a 74 BB has the corvette badge on the back in induvidual letters like mine.....cept mine are recessed into panel about half way??? both look to be original rears....ive seen a few replicas that have the join in the middle but are not a true 2 piece affair.....we both have 2 piece tails...... any help?

Offline Chromie

• Tri Powered
    • www.corvette.net.au
74 rear bumper
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 03:48:21 PM »
Originally posted by nifty
quick question.....buddy with a 74 BB has the corvette badge on the back in induvidual letters like mine.....cept mine are recessed into panel about half way??? both look to be original rears....ive seen a few replicas that have the join in the middle but are not a true 2 piece affair.....we both have 2 piece tails...... any help?

Hi Nifty;42
To my knowledge 1974 & 75 both had recessed areas for the rear bumper bar emblem and took the same emblem. The emblem was "C.O.R.V.E.T.T.E." in seperate letters
Hope this helps:x

Offline jdunne

• Four Barrel
74 rear bumper
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 05:13:32 PM »
The difference is that only the 74 is genuinely 2 piece....it is very much a one year only......just try to buy a nos part and see how much it costs...the urethane isn't very paint friendly as it gets older and it become brittle and increasingly hard to repair.....believe me i have been down this path with my 74r...john;27;27;27