Author Topic: 73 VETTE  (Read 5113 times)

Offline SAM

73 VETTE
« on: May 24, 2007, 11:56:00 AM »
Hi guys
I'm new to this site.just brought my first vette. A 74 convertible. I brought it in the states.it arrives mid june. I'm now looking at buying a 73 t/top from the us but i'm not sure of what they are worth.it's a 350 auto, p/s, p/b ,p/w, new a/c new paint and rebuilt motor, new interior, reco/ box, new wheels and tyres and brakes ,new stainless exhaust new crome ,new tail lights, new grill new emblems and new radio.the car looks impressive in all the photos and  it would owe   $27000 landed.but i'm not sure what they are fetching in this condition. Can anyone give me some advice as to what they are worth? Look forward to catching up with you guys when my vette gets here.

Offline 77CVT

• Fuel Injected
    • www.autobabes.com.au
73 VETTE
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 12:23:49 PM »
$35k to $40k.  Schmick condition - $45k?

I'm willing to bet some of those new shiny bits won't be there when it lands!

Ps - take the caps lock off.  ;-)

;42

Offline Cameron 77C3

• Supercharged
  • I use to live here
    • http://xtremecarzone.com.au/
73 VETTE
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 12:45:20 PM »
Originally posted by 77CVT
$35k to $40k.  Schmick condition - $45k?

I'm willing to bet some of those new shiny bits won't be there when it lands!

Ps - take the caps lock off.  ;-)

;42

Is that what they are worth in the states?  Is that USD or AUD?  Or are you saying that's what he could sell it for here?

In relation to Caps Lock.  Yes if you could use lower case.  Upper case makes it a bit hard to read.  I'll go back in and fix it for ya.

Many thanks and welcome to our forum.  We will do our best to help ya out.

Cam
Forum Admin.
To see my picture galleryCLICK ME

Never underestimate PRISCILLA queen of the vette's
www.xcz.com.au

Offline 77CVT

• Fuel Injected
    • www.autobabes.com.au
73 VETTE
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 01:02:39 PM »
AU $$ not US $$ - someone may chime in with a differing amount but that's what I think they are worth in a reasonably presentable condition.

Offline reserved

• Four Barrel
73 VETTE
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 11:32:57 PM »
;eek :23

Hey, you can have my 73 matching big block for that price.

;27 ;27 ;27 ;48

Offline jolinari

• Supercharged
73 VETTE
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 12:37:48 AM »
just enjoy the car and dont regret it...looking forward to catch up...may b 1st of july, we are organising a go kart day!
Ciao

Offline 77CVT

• Fuel Injected
    • www.autobabes.com.au
73 VETTE
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2007, 09:05:56 AM »
Originally posted by reserved
;eek :23

Hey, you can have my 73 matching big block for that price.

;27 ;27 ;27 ;48

Looks like a nice car too!

Offline jdunne

• Four Barrel
73 VETTE
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2007, 12:37:03 PM »
Sometimes cars turn out not to be as represented,best way is to get it properly inspected in the US before purchase....realistically a converted 73 coupe is worth about $30,000 here if it is in top shape.as a lhd probably mid 20's...convertibles are more,but not a lot...mid 70's are not the most valuable...earlier chrome bumpers are worth more;35

Offline demonx

• Fuel Injected
73 VETTE
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2007, 10:03:03 AM »
Be warned - a lot of people's opinions vary on what cars are "worth".

Theres a hell of a lot of Vettes out there with high tags, but the thing is they are NOT SELLING. To be realistic, the price it sounds like you're paying from the states you could probably find one here in Australia for similar money - unless it's a showroom immaculate car in which case thats different.

I'm not saying don't buy it - I'm just suggesting you shop around. Get a bit more educated before spending dollars. I wish I was before I bought my vette, although I don't regret having my car, I do regret that if I shopped around longer I could have had a chrome bumper. Probably not in as good condition but I'd be happier.

I know a guy who constantly advertises vettes, has a selection of chrome bumpers under AU$30k and cannot move them. Why? People just arn't buying vettes on a regular basis.

Good luck

Offline SAM

73 VETTE
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2007, 04:03:27 PM »
THANKS GUYS  FOR ALL YOUR ADVICE. I HAVE BROUGHT THE 74 WILL STICK WITH IT FOR NOW.WILL GIVE THE 73 A MISS