Author Topic: c3 suspension bolts.  (Read 3068 times)

Offline nifty

• Fuel Injected
c3 suspension bolts.
« on: April 19, 2007, 10:52:56 PM »
buddy gus has his 80 vette getting converted..while its away he wants to buy new bolts for the  rear suspension....anybody know what size bolts he needs?

Offline Cameron 77C3

• Supercharged
  • I use to live here
    • http://xtremecarzone.com.au/
c3 suspension bolts.
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 12:41:04 AM »
More input nifty.  Which ones?
To see my picture galleryCLICK ME

Never underestimate PRISCILLA queen of the vette's
www.xcz.com.au

Offline 77CVT

• Fuel Injected
    • www.autobabes.com.au
c3 suspension bolts.
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 11:16:21 AM »
8 in long.  Sorry I can't remember the width.  Steal one off the car for a day, take it to the Bolt King or similar and they'll give you the right strength ones (grade 8?)

Cost me about $8-$10.  I can't believe the price they charge in the catalogues!!

Offline nifty

• Fuel Injected
c3 suspension bolts.
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 09:41:42 PM »
Originally posted by Cameron 77C3
More input nifty.  Which ones?

good question....i think they the long ones but will find out for sure.

Offline nifty

• Fuel Injected
c3 suspension bolts.
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 09:44:47 PM »
Originally posted by 77CVT
8 in long.  Soory I can't remember the width.  Steal one off the car for a day, take it to the Bolt King or similar and they'll give you the right strength ones (grade 8?)

Cost me about $8-$10.  I can't believe the price they charge in the catalogues!!

cheers will let gus know...not exactly sure which bolts he means but im thinking its the long bolts...the car is 400kms away so a bit hard to rip one out.

Offline Chromie

• Tri Powered
    • www.corvette.net.au
c3 suspension bolts.
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 11:34:18 PM »
Originally posted by nifty
8 in long.  Soory I can't remember the width.  Steal one off the car for a day, take it to the Bolt King or similar and they'll give you the right strength ones (grade 8?)

cheers will let gus know...not exactly sure which bolts he means but im thinking its the long bolts...the car is 400kms away so a bit hard to rip one out.

Nifty;42
Those rear suspension bolts that go between the rear spring and rear trailing arm (8" long);30
Are 9/16 N/F grade 8
DO NOT FIT ANYTHING ELSE OTHER THAN A GRADE 8 BOLT AS IT WILL FAIL;38
There is nothing wrong with the rear suspensions 0n C3"s other than lack of maintaince;53
Hope this helps:spook

Offline nifty

• Fuel Injected
c3 suspension bolts.
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2007, 09:34:15 PM »
Originally posted by Chromie
Originally posted by nifty

Nifty;42
Those rear suspension bolts that go between the rear spring and rear trailing arm (8" long);30
Are 9/16 N/F grade 8
DO NOT FIT ANYTHING ELSE OTHER THAN A GRADE 8 BOLT AS IT WILL FAIL;38
There is nothing wrong with the rear suspensions 0n C3"s other than lack of maintaince;53
Hope this helps:spook

certanly did...cheers.bolts ordered.thanks all.