Author Topic: 72 lamp warning light staying on  (Read 3934 times)

Offline mick

• Tri Powered
72 lamp warning light staying on
« on: February 17, 2007, 09:12:46 AM »
Hey Guys,
                Hoping someone can lend some advice. I was driving home last night and had to lock up to avoid hitting a dog, after that the lamp warning light is constantly on whilst lights are on but they all work fine still. (blinkers included)

dont know where to start with this on.

Thanks

Mick

Offline MADLT1

• Supercharged
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 09:21:25 AM »
is this the red light on the gauge cluster right side under door ajar?does it go out when lights are off,or retracted back in?

Offline mick

• Tri Powered
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 06:42:19 PM »
1. Yes it is that one

2. yes it goes off when lights are turned off or go back in.

Offline MADLT1

• Supercharged
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 07:14:47 PM »
on my car it is the same,i thought that is how they work,undernieth the headlight buckets there is a switch about 2 inches long,when the head lights come up they push in that swtch,this the activates the light,it lets you know if your driveing in the daylight and your buckets come up,at least thats what i thought,my light comes on every time the buckets are up whether the lights are on or off.if i am wrong let us know.

Offline Chromie

• Tri Powered
    • www.corvette.net.au
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 07:34:59 PM »
Hi all;42
The headlight warning switches are suppose to come on only when you first turn your headlights on then it should go off when both headlights are fully up.:24
It is suppose to tell you that your headlights are fully up (as if we didn't already know);mmm
If the switch brakes off, and it commonly does it will hang on the end of the loom and the warning light will always be on when headlights are on.;38
Hope this helps:24

Offline MADLT1

• Supercharged
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2007, 07:48:56 PM »
thanks chromie;51i just went to the original owners manual to find out and that is exactly what it says:b2i must check mine as i put new switchs on about a year ago:adobut when i put the new switchs on the light came on when the buckets were riase and stayed on,so i thought this was how it was;38oh well you learn every day they say:drink

Offline mick

• Tri Powered
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2007, 07:16:38 AM »
thanks heaps it all makes sence now when i braked it through the switch off. awsome

Offline MR 69ER

• Four Barrel
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2007, 08:27:54 PM »
Yeah Chromie is spot on guys. I had the same problem when I first took ownership of my 69. Just be midfull that there are 2 of these switches one on each headlight & as in my case the little tab that is secured under one of the bolts that triggered the switch was missing. With your headlights on you should be able to hold in each switch individually with your finger (& have someone else sit in the car to see if the light goes off) and this should indicate which switch it is that needs attention. If any of this in unclear, feel free to call me on 0419 231 364 & I will try & explain it better over the phone.
Cheers & Good Luck.
Steve:20:20:20:20