Author Topic: Looking at replacing you tyres? or knowing which ones are good in the rain?  (Read 5391 times)

Offline jolinari

• Supercharged
http://www.tirerack.com/index.jsp

very usefull website guys if you are looking at changing your tyres or knowing more about them

Offline MJ427

• Tri Powered
bf are crap i prefer yokohamas

Offline jolinari

• Supercharged
Originally posted by MJ427
bf are crap i prefer yokohamas

BF Goodrich are not the best  in the rain!

Offline MJ427

• Tri Powered
they are not the best in the dry all they are good for is smoke shows

Offline MADVET

• Tri Powered
BFGoodrich T/A...........T/A=Terrible Aquaplanner.
NOW WE'RE TORQUING!

Offline 69VETTE

• Supercharged
  • When a C3 is not Enough! - Try A C4
  • Mood: Get Jiggy Wit It
They say that the Bf tires are like driving on ball bearings in the wet.....

Luckily for me, i wont have to worry too much about that.....;35

Great posting Jolinari

M;36
Live life to the fullest...drive a Corvette

Offline RHD.68.l89

• Four Barrel
    • www.invisiblecarbras.com.au
I have Yokie 352's on the Vette and am happy with them. Soft and grippy but short life. Have had BFG's on the Bonnie and they were worse than the original skinny tyres. Currently running Kumho Ecsta on the Bonnie and they have been the best performing tyre I have had on there. Great wear and super grip. Used to have to change the tyres annually but I have had the Ecstas on there for over three years.;27 ;27

Offline 77CVT

• Fuel Injected
    • www.autobabes.com.au
352's have been around for ages and stick like sh!t to a blanket.  I had some on my Torrie and it screamed around the bends!  Soft compound though as you would expect.

they raved about Ecsta's on the other Corvette forums but have not found any in a suitable size here.

Falkens are deadly in the wet, not sure about the new types though.  They last forever though.

I need some new ones for mine again!  ;46

Offline MADVET

• Tri Powered
The Yokohama 352's certainly have been around for ages and are probably the only decent tyres that are still available in the wider 15 inch sizes (265,295 etc).
NOW WE'RE TORQUING!

Offline RHD.68.l89

• Four Barrel
    • www.invisiblecarbras.com.au
Because of the age of the design, 352's are only produced in limited numbers each year. If you like them it is probably a good idea to enquire with your tyre supplier well in advance of your actual need. I have a set sitting in my garage waiting their turn.
235's seem to be the hardest to find. The Ecstas on the Bonnie are 225s but hang on brilliantly. Couldn't get them in 235. All in all, it is very hard to find decent tyres in a 15" diameter. All the newer designs are for 16" or bigger.

Offline 69VETTE

• Supercharged
  • When a C3 is not Enough! - Try A C4
  • Mood: Get Jiggy Wit It
Originally posted by RHD.68.l89
Because of the age of the design, 352's are only produced in limited numbers each year. If you like them it is probably a good idea to enquire with your tyre supplier well in advance of your actual need. I have a set sitting in my garage waiting their turn.
235's seem to be the hardest to find. The Ecstas on the Bonnie are 225s but hang on brilliantly. Couldn't get them in 235. All in all, it is very hard to find decent tyres in a 15" diameter. All the newer designs are for 16" or bigger.

I agree with you there RHD.68.189

My ol man has a 72 monaro with 14' wheels....

You should try getting some decent 235 for that...its virtually impossible...

Luckily for him, he only needs to change them evey 10-15 years , and thats only cause they go hard...not the milage!

M;36
Live life to the fullest...drive a Corvette

Offline MADLT1

• Supercharged
i have been useing bf goodrich ta radials on my vett for over 12 years and am on my 3rd set and i reckon there excellent,i have driven to fox studios(2 1/2 hour drive)in torentiall rain with confidence,allso there good enough for many many proud americans to run them on there show and daily drivers,plus i think there a great looking tire,at the end of the day it is just a matter of opinion,if i had a c4 c5 c6 i would probably run something different because yoe getting into the low profile tires,but for the c3 that does not have to out handle the latter technology,go the ta there cool :v allways have been ,allways will be :v

Offline MADVET

• Tri Powered
Originally posted by 69VETTE
Originally posted by RHD.68.l89

I agree with you there RHD.68.189

My ol man has a 72 monaro with 14' wheels....

You should try getting some decent 235 for that...its virtually impossible...

Luckily for him, he only needs to change them evey 10-15 years , and thats only cause they go hard...not the milage!

M;36
Try Bridgestone Eager S340s' in 235/60/14. They are quite good value and work well in the wet too.
They are a soft compound tyre but with the k's your ol man does it probably isn't an issue.
NOW WE'RE TORQUING!