Author Topic: numbers in the hood  (Read 4898 times)

Offline MADLT1

• Supercharged
numbers in the hood
« on: May 28, 2006, 11:15:48 AM »
;33guys,just stripped the paint from underside of my hood and came across these numbers stamped in the glass      01989  01 11  12357                    any idea what they mean?                

Offline smokem

• Four Barrel
numbers in the hood
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 02:30:30 PM »
part # for your hood should be  3996864 . not sure of that #

STOP ACTING STUPID!
WE'VE GOT POLITICIANS TO DO THAT
[/i]

Offline MADLT1

• Supercharged
numbers in the hood
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 07:36:40 PM »
mmmm yes i agree with that part number but is that part number stamped in the hood?could these numbers mean something else?either repro or date lines or some thing to that nature?:grr

Offline jolinari

• Supercharged
numbers in the hood
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006, 07:15:48 PM »
MadLt1 as far as i am concerned...this number is not recognized or known to he NCRS...when i judged the lt1 71 vette @ melbourne...we did not have any notes on the hood apart the condition of it which it was part of the exterior judging!:pinki

Offline MADLT1

• Supercharged
numbers in the hood
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2006, 07:31:25 PM »
after i piant the hood these numbers are so fine they will be lost again so i will just record them in my folder for future reference.......while on the subject of ncrs,that was an interesting read how they do not check the numbers on the gearbox or diffs because it was to hard to get to,one would think the credibility of the drive trian would be of upmost importance.......what are your thoughts?

Offline jolinari

• Supercharged
numbers in the hood
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2006, 07:50:36 PM »
i dont think cos it was hard to get to...it is pretty hard to know whether it is genuine or not if u have not got the protect-o-plate...which is kind of credit card size revealing all the info about the vette.

So i guess if a vette has not got that protecto plate then it would be hard to judge that section...so i am assuming they left it...may b i could ask Murray about it to comfirm it

Offline MADLT1

• Supercharged
numbers in the hood
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2006, 09:01:53 PM »
but we all know what gearbox and diffs they have so take a l-88 for instans,it should have the m-22 hd rock crusher,say he blows it and can not cet another so he puts in a m-21......both look the same,both are close ratio.......he takes out a top flight sells it for 400 thousand if i bought it and found out later on about the box i would have to ask the ncrs to please explain.......just throwing up a senario,i could be way off but if you dont ask you dont learn.....allso what if he put in a 5 or 6 speed or evan worse a solid rear end in place of a independant rear.....i realize certain things are left to the owner to say yay or nay but not all people are honest,esspecially when these cars are gecomeing more and more valuable..........:grr:grr