Author Topic: Did they mention Brass monkey run?...taken from an american website  (Read 1759 times)

Offline jolinari

• Supercharged
Today the Corvette Club held its yearly trip to The Hunter Valley Vineyards. The outing had been called The Zora Duntov Invitational Run and participants were to arrive at the Tallawanta Resort in Pokolbin. Lunch at this resort hotel is very well presented with wine tasting and other activities available within minutes of this venue. Many other clubs had been invited to attend but the poor weather in Sydney, where most of the cars cruised from, put a damper on the numbers.
Over 80 cars turned up but there were only about 30 Corvettes many of the others were Mustangs and other American cars that had been invited a couple of Cobras, a '50s and a '60 Thunderbird also helped fill the car park. Some left early as the rain threatened. Disappointing as last year this was a T shirt day warm and sunny.
The Cobras [ replicas] we don't even bring the roof, invited me to join in their ' Brass Monkey' cruise. They and some of the Healey owners go on a winter topless cruise a couple of hours each way.No tops allowed unless it rains. Maybe a British type of fetish. Why they picked me I don't know I can't even spell masochist but I told them I'd pass the info. on to our editor and have it published. The passengers in these open cars were rugged up like Nanook of the North full Eskimo gear and still looked cold after their two and a half hour PLEASURE CRUISE all this despite the warmth of the Resorts open fires. The day was bitterly cold, strengthening westerly with rain starting about 2 p.m. My 30 minute cruise back to the coast was in very heavy rain. I didn't envy those hardier souls with a 200 kilometer trip back to Sydney.
Had my first look at Bill Dixon's restored '62. Bill is a fellow VetteNetter from Down Under at present on an extended tour through America. It really is a beauty the Sahara Gold /sand yellow or whatever colour it has been painted really suits the car and it stands out amongst the later model reds.

Any pics from this event?