Author Topic: HEADLIGHTS C4  (Read 5516 times)

Offline johnny86convert

• Four Barrel
HEADLIGHTS C4
« on: December 19, 2004, 06:45:22 AM »
Hi  guys  anyone  got  solutions  for  R&R  headlight  motors  on  black  beauty  88  C4.  Got  the  plastic  bushes  from  greg  M  and  now  for  the  fun  part. Any  help  wpold  be  appreciated.;35

Offline Cameron 77C3

• Supercharged
  • I use to live here
    • http://xtremecarzone.com.au/
HEADLIGHTS C4
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2004, 09:35:29 PM »
I've seen a couple of threads in DC forum on this matter.  Might be worth posting your query THERE
To see my picture galleryCLICK ME

Never underestimate PRISCILLA queen of the vette's
www.xcz.com.au

Offline johnny86convert

• Four Barrel
HEADLIGHTS C4
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2004, 07:30:52 PM »
Thanks  cam  for  the info,what a great  link, printed  the  whole  thing  on  R&R  headlight  bushes:grr:flower;)  now  to  grrrrr  do  it  LOL

Offline Cameron 77C3

• Supercharged
  • I use to live here
    • http://xtremecarzone.com.au/
HEADLIGHTS C4
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2004, 08:47:18 PM »
Lets us know how ya go.  Have a merry xmas and a happy new year.

To see my picture galleryCLICK ME

Never underestimate PRISCILLA queen of the vette's
www.xcz.com.au

Offline Vette Obsessed

• Supercharged
    • http://www.nswcorvettes.com.au
HEADLIGHTS C4
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2004, 09:17:31 AM »
Don't worry Peter, it isn't that bad.

The work method that worked best for me was to remove the headlight assembly, take it into the loungeroom and do it while watching tv with a cup of coffee in front of me.  It sure beats working on the garage floor. ;-)

It is pretty easy, just figure on your old bushings having disintegrated into nylon pebbles/dust by now (trust me).

Have a great Christmas. :25
"Life's tough.  It's tougher when you're stupid"

Offline johnny86convert

• Four Barrel
HEADLIGHTS C4
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2004, 06:47:12 AM »
thanks  VO  and  Cam  for  your  help,  take  care  over    xmas  and  new  year,  hope  there  was a  ZR1  under  the  xmas  tree  guys  LOL;laugh;29;laugh;29;laugh

Offline johnny86convert

• Four Barrel
HEADLIGHTS C4
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2005, 12:08:45 PM »
Well  gang  as  VO ( Andrew  stated "  nylon pebbles/dust"  he  sure  wasn't  wrong.. My  mate  Cary  and  me  have  just  done  the  first  Headlight  and  the  little  plastic  grommets  are  just  disintegrated  into  fine  dust. Its  amazing  GM  could  not  have  come  up  with a  better  solution  for  gearing  and  wear  on  the  actuation motion  of  headlights  going  up  and  down......LOL. The  notes  I  downloaded  from  the  net  were  so  helpful,thanks  guys  big  time I  owe  you a  beer.Anyway  onto  the  next  one.  cheers........................................pete;););)

Offline onya

• Four Barrel
HEADLIGHTS C4
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2005, 10:10:45 PM »
Although my headlights work great, to save them I drive around with the driving/fog light on and leave the headlights off, many a Highway patrol have driven pass me, and they just keep going.
Found them, I reckon some RAT hid them.

Offline johnny86convert

• Four Barrel
HEADLIGHTS C4
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2005, 09:56:36 AM »
onya  great  idea,  but  does  it  illuminate  the  road  enough?.  Now  I  just  need  more  horsepower,  maybe  if  i  go  real  fast  they  stay  up  with  the  wind  turbulance  alone ,LOLLOLOLOL  ;);)

Offline coradict72

• Four Barrel
HEADLIGHTS C4
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2006, 09:16:07 PM »
to whom it may concern and I take it Every C4 will face this problem.I have just repaired both my headlght motors..Yes the whole headlght assembly needs to to removed from the car and place on top of the front wheel thanks Andrew L for the tip in that position it can be stripped down. If you need any help or advice  drop me note on the forum.Replacement bushes from Chev Parts was $ 35 a headlght nearly $12 each kinda rich I think.I didnt read or see any help guides and am pleased with the achievement.

Offline SC

• Four Barrel
HEADLIGHTS C4
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2006, 10:58:57 PM »
you can use a 25 mm nylon bar and cut it into sections 25mm long it does the same job and is a lot cheaper

Offline coradict72

• Four Barrel
HEADLIGHTS C4
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2006, 07:35:14 AM »
SC  your right the expense of buying the correct replacement bushes is expensive I just hope to pass on  the vette in a manner I'd expect if I was searching for a good beast.My other point was Chev parts did me no favours as a nswcu member

Offline BOSCHVETTE

• Tri Powered
HEADLIGHTS C4
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2006, 02:29:10 PM »
i took a picture off the net and scaled the rods off that and made them out of brass oiled them and they have been in my car for 4 years now with no problem.i also have put them in about 8 other vettes with no problems.cost about 3 dollars a car and you can get from any model shops.
New toy about to breath life and we will have a strangle hold on the leadfoot forever 850hp 1150kg Australian sports sedan series here we come.
Z06 sports sedan about to be semi retired.
Old C4 weapon now retired to the garage
450 RWHP WITH MORE TORQUE THAN MUNDINE
BUT IT LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE BOUGHT A BAG OF ROCKS TO A GUN FIGHT.....